DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone know location of Compass 1 and Compass 2 in the Mavic?

CyberNate

Reactions
Hello Guys,

My Compass 1 is bad and I need to replace it. It looks like there is one compass at the very front of the Mavic and one in the back next to the GPS module. Does anyone know which is Compass 1 and which is Compass 2? I have my Mavic modded, so I can't sent it in. Plus they would send me a refurbished one rather than replace it anyway and I want mine which has the modifications.

I suppose I could get a magnet and simply move it close to each compass location and watch the compass sensor screen to see which one shows the interference.

Regarding how I know the compass is bad, it periodically disconnects and shows very high interference sporadically. 90% of the time it is working perfectly, but will randomly turn red in the sensor screen due to interference and/or disconnect completely. I've calibrated everything multiple times and several locations. Definitely a bad compass and is always compass 1 that fails.

Ok, nevermind. Compass 1 is at the rear and compass 2 is at the front. In the following video he mentions the locations:

Edit: Ok, I'm a little concerned. He says there are 3 compasses? There should only be 2. Definitely not one on the bottom side. I've had mine apart. Sort of makes me question if he really knows which is compass 1 and compass 2. I guess I'll verify for myself.

Last edited:
Ok, compass 1 is in the rear. Took a magnet and waved it around the rear and then around the front. Can immediately see the interference of each respective compass.

Ok, compass 1 is in the rear. Took a magnet and waved it around the rear and then around the front. Can immediately see the interference of each respective compass.

I replaced rear compass/GPS module under rear of top cover. All fixed up. FYI, if you have a bad compass, it's easy to replace them. There's one in the front and one on rear. Here's what the rear one looks like

IMG_20170706_050433.jpg

Ese amigo, ¿hay alguna manera de saber si está dañado o desconectado la brújula 1, y en caso de que tenga que cambiar esa pieza que tiene valor? Saludos

I just use my old VHS video tape eraser. One more thing, keep that **** away from your credit cards hahaha

Compass 1 is mounted on the GPS Board under the plate on the upper shell at the rear, so the GPS has to be replaced too, plugs in though.
Compass 2 is mounted right at the front centre, is soldered to the ESC PCB so skills needed to replace.

Compass 1 is mounted on the GPS Board under the plate on the upper shell at the rear, so the GPS has to be replaced too, plugs in though.
Compass 2 is mounted right at the front centre, is soldered to the ESC PCB so skills needed to replace.

Only the rear one goes bad in my experience. Rear is the main compass. Lots of heat back there with rear escs, especially if you fly with external packs.

Bonjour !

J'ai un problème avec mon drone DJI Pro Mavic

Il a marqué (Ready to Go), a chaque fois que j'essaie de décoller ça a marqué (Délai d'opération expiré).

Et aussi il est impossible de modifier les paramètres de navigation visuelle. A chaque fois que j'ai activé une commande, il se désactive automatiquement tout seul.

Impossible de décocher le (Mode Débutant), il s'active tout seul à chaque fois je le décoche.

IMU et Compas affiche (en cours d'utilisation), quand j'essaie d'étalonner, j'appuie sur commencer ça ne commence pas, aucune commande.

Que dois-je faire?

SVP

Bonjour !

Il a marqué (Ready to Go), a chaque fois que j'essaie de décoller ça a marqué (Délai d'opération expiré).

Et aussi il est impossible de modifier les paramètres de navigation visuelle. A chaque fois que j'ai activé une commande, il se désactive automatiquement tout seul.

Impossible de décocher le (Mode Débutant), il s'active tout seul à chaque fois je le décoche.

IMU et Compas affiche (en cours d'utilisation), quand j'essaie d'étalonner, j'appuie sur commencer ça ne commence pas, aucune commande.

Que dois-je faire?

SVP
Welcome to, please use English per our guidelines. I havn’t a clue
what you posted. Thanks

Bonjour !

Que dois-je faire?

SVP
En Englas?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ