DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone register to fly in the EU?

wco81

Reactions
Unless you have a drone under 250 grams, you're suppose to register and get a unique pilot number. You have to affix that number to your drone.

Drones (UAS) | EASA

So has anyone done it yet?

This web page has links to the different civil aviation authorities in different countries, with links for drone registration as well as pilot registration.

The page for France has several steps, watching videos and eventually taking a multiple-choice online test:

https://fox-alphatango.aviation-civile.gouv.fr

They have an English version of that page but I don't know if all of the modules like the videos and the test itself is also available in English.

Curious if anyone has gone through the process and found good labels to affix on their drones.

Also especially if anyone from outside the EU has tried registering. Of course not many people are traveling to Europe right now but presumably they will have some provisions for visitors who want to fly? So these online registration process for instance would accommodate addresses from countries in other continents?

Unless you have a drone under 250 grams, you're suppose to register and get a unique pilot number. You have to affix that number to your drone.

Drones (UAS) | EASA

So has anyone done it yet?

This web page has links to the different civil aviation authorities in different countries, with links for drone registration as well as pilot registration.

The page for France has several steps, watching videos and eventually taking a multiple-choice online test:

https://fox-alphatango.aviation-civile.gouv.fr

They have an English version of that page but I don't know if all of the modules like the videos and the test itself is also available in English.

Curious if anyone has gone through the process and found good labels to affix on their drones.

Also especially if anyone from outside the EU has tried registering. Of course not many people are traveling to Europe right now but presumably they will have some provisions for visitors who want to fly? So these online registration process for instance would accommodate addresses from countries in other continents?

Yes. I bought a kit with the decals with my information (in case of lost AC) and the FAA registration number as a hobbyist at Amazon.com: FAA Drone Labels (2 Sets of 3) + FAA UAS Registration ID Card for Hobbyist Pilots - Optional Battery Labels: Camera & Photo
It comes with a laminated identification card with the FAA Logo. I put the decals in my Mavic 2 Pro, Autel Evo II, DJI FPV Drone and even in my Mavic Mini. But as far as I know, that's for the USA only. I guess you need to follow the regulations of your country.

No I'm an American, looking to register so if we're able to visit Europe again, I'll be ready.

So that Amazon package, you send them your FAA number and they print it for you?

Actually I was thinking there might be some generic adhesive labels you can get and write the number on them.

But the key part is passing some test to get the registration number.

Register with IAA, Irish aviation authority. Rest of Europe don't seem to be too happy about how simple and cheap it is. 5 Euro to get the unique number, simple online test of 30 questions, maybe 36 questions.

Register with IAA, Irish aviation authority. Rest of Europe don't seem to be too happy about how simple and cheap it is. 5 Euro to get the unique number, simple online test of 30 questions, maybe 36 questions.

AND, although the UK has left Europe politically we aretill here geographically so if you intend to visit us then you will have to register with our CAA (Civil Aviaion Authority).
Reistration requirements can be found on their website concerning cost, validation, online test etc etc

Wow thanks for the tip.

Yeah should be easier for English speakers.

Reactions: Gallego1

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett