DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone take airborne pictures or video of model rocket launches?

Sterk

Reactions
I want to film model rocket launches and wondering if anyone has had luck with this. I have the Pro not the zoom so I cannot get zoomed in with my camera but just wondering if anyone has worked out the rate of climb plus tilting the camera upwards as the rocket launches or say your at 100 feet already and are trying to lead the rocket vertical as your tilting the camera for a video of the total launch without being too far away. I would like to be close but no way will the Dji be able to climb that fast to keep the rocket in the picture. Any suggestions or proven techniques.

Thanks

Check out Joe Barnard’s rocketry films on Youtube, he’s getting some nice shots:

I want to film model rocket launches and wondering if anyone has had luck with this. I have the Pro not the zoom so I cannot get zoomed in with my camera but just wondering if anyone has worked out the rate of climb plus tilting the camera upwards as the rocket launches or say your at 100 feet already and are trying to lead the rocket vertical as your tilting the camera for a video of the total launch without being too far away. I would like to be close but no way will the Dji be able to climb that fast to keep the rocket in the picture. Any suggestions or proven techniques.

Thanks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CtrlAltDlt