DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone tried Litchi VUE yet?

vindibona1

Reactions
Democratic Peoples Republic of Crook County
I got my cheap VR goggles today and did a very quick test with Litchi to see if FPV would work. It did- but it was spooky. Unfortunately the test was short lived because my old iPhone 6sPlus immediately gave me a low battery warning. Moments after this test run I received my step-daughter's XR as a hand-me-down to replace my 6s. The 6splus still works fine, it's just that the battery isn't what it was.

But I was thinking, I don't always want to be flying in goggles... but if I've got Litchi FPV and Litchi VUE, I can have one phone in the goggles and stream everything to the other phone that I can mount on my controller if I ever want to park the goggles and look at the screen and the drone again.

Anyone using Litchi VUE yet? What do you think?

Last edited:
The 6splus still works fine, it's just that the battery isn't what it was.
DIY battery changes are quite straightforward (and inexpensive) for most of the earlier iPhones. I recently changed the battery in my iPhone 6s and the kit, including the battery and required tools, cost about £15 in the UK.

Bump...
So nobody has tried Litchi Vue yet?

I have not tried it. No need for streaming. it looks like it is 4 years old and mostly bad reviews.

I have not tried it. No need for streaming. it looks like it is 4 years old and mostly bad reviews.
What I was thinking as I think I said above, is having one phone in the VR goggles and one mounted on the controller so I can flip the goggles up and then fly normally. I did the first VR/FPV flight today and it was way different. I'll cover that in another thread.

What I was thinking as I think I said above, is having one phone in the VR goggles and one mounted on the controller so I can flip the goggles up and then fly normally. I did the first VR/FPV flight today and it was way different. I'll cover that in another thread.
I often use Litchi for VR with goggles and have also flown with an iPhone and VUE on an iPad so a second person can see. I'll have to give your idea it a try - one phone or tablet with the controller and another phone in the goggles.

I often use Litchi for VR with goggles and have also flown with an iPhone and VUE on an iPad so a second person can see. I'll have to give your idea it a try - one phone or tablet with the controller and another phone in the goggles.
How did you get Vue to see the stream on the ipad? I am trying to do the same setup you describe but the ipad running Vue never sees a stream available.

How did you get Vue to see the stream on the ipad? I am trying to do the same setup you describe but the ipad running Vue never sees a stream available.
The key to streaming I've found is to make one iPhone a hot spot and then connect the other phone (or tablet) to the hot spot via wifi. That puts them on the same network.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji