DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone tried Litchi VUE yet?

vindibona1

Reactions
Democratic Peoples Republic of Crook County
I got my cheap VR goggles today and did a very quick test with Litchi to see if FPV would work. It did- but it was spooky. Unfortunately the test was short lived because my old iPhone 6sPlus immediately gave me a low battery warning. Moments after this test run I received my step-daughter's XR as a hand-me-down to replace my 6s. The 6splus still works fine, it's just that the battery isn't what it was.

But I was thinking, I don't always want to be flying in goggles... but if I've got Litchi FPV and Litchi VUE, I can have one phone in the goggles and stream everything to the other phone that I can mount on my controller if I ever want to park the goggles and look at the screen and the drone again.

Anyone using Litchi VUE yet? What do you think?

Last edited:
The 6splus still works fine, it's just that the battery isn't what it was.
DIY battery changes are quite straightforward (and inexpensive) for most of the earlier iPhones. I recently changed the battery in my iPhone 6s and the kit, including the battery and required tools, cost about £15 in the UK.

Bump...
So nobody has tried Litchi Vue yet?

I have not tried it. No need for streaming. it looks like it is 4 years old and mostly bad reviews.

I have not tried it. No need for streaming. it looks like it is 4 years old and mostly bad reviews.
What I was thinking as I think I said above, is having one phone in the VR goggles and one mounted on the controller so I can flip the goggles up and then fly normally. I did the first VR/FPV flight today and it was way different. I'll cover that in another thread.

What I was thinking as I think I said above, is having one phone in the VR goggles and one mounted on the controller so I can flip the goggles up and then fly normally. I did the first VR/FPV flight today and it was way different. I'll cover that in another thread.
I often use Litchi for VR with goggles and have also flown with an iPhone and VUE on an iPad so a second person can see. I'll have to give your idea it a try - one phone or tablet with the controller and another phone in the goggles.

I often use Litchi for VR with goggles and have also flown with an iPhone and VUE on an iPad so a second person can see. I'll have to give your idea it a try - one phone or tablet with the controller and another phone in the goggles.
How did you get Vue to see the stream on the ipad? I am trying to do the same setup you describe but the ipad running Vue never sees a stream available.

How did you get Vue to see the stream on the ipad? I am trying to do the same setup you describe but the ipad running Vue never sees a stream available.
The key to streaming I've found is to make one iPhone a hot spot and then connect the other phone (or tablet) to the hot spot via wifi. That puts them on the same network.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RWShepard