DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone try >128GB in M2 or SC using exFAT?

RunnerGuy

Reactions
Tested out this $40 microSD in my M2z. Came pre-formatted exFAT. Both my SC & M2 see the full capacity, DJI Go4 showed accurate available video space based on full capacity. I didn't reformat in m2, because it seems to default to FAT32 file system

I've read that capacity beyond 128 GB may be unusable. So before flying, I filled up half the space with older video files via computer into "DCIM2" dir that I created.

Tested recording drone video at both 3820-30fps & 1920-60fps.

The 3820-30fps recorded fine, but split video into 5 min / 3.67GB files.

The 1920-30fps covered 15 min in single 2.63 GB file before my battery was gone.

Last edited:
Extended File Allocation Table (exFAT)
exFAT has very large limits on file and partition sizes., allowing you to store files much larger than the 4 gb allowed by FAT32. By default, Windows will format devices with greater than 4 GB capacity with exFAT.

Ideal Use: Use it when you need bigger file size and partition limits than FAT32 offers and when you need more compatibility than NTFS offers. Assuming that every device you want to use the drive with supports exFAT, you should format your device with exFAT instead of FAT32.

That looks promising.
For a quick test, just copy other data to pass the mark beyond 128 GB and try to record a new video then in the drone. If you can access it, you can be sure it works out.

But it proofs already, that it's capable to recognise it. :)

Reactions: RunnerGuy
That looks promising.
For a quick test, just copy other data to pass the mark beyond 128 GB and try to record a new video then in the drone. If you can access it, you can be sure it works out.

But it proofs already, that it's capable to use it. :)
Yep- did that and can access the video synced from SC, and plugged into Win10

I hoped the video file under exFAT to exceed the 4GB, but M2 still split it up.

Then happy flying with more space.
I'm probably going to adapt to a larger size too when travelling abroad.

Don't forget to backup though. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: RunnerGuy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smittysflying