DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone try this Circular Polarized Antenna from RexUAV?

Could you put a 3w booster to stock antennas, what would that do.

Could you put a 3w booster to stock antennas, what would that do.
Sure, but difficult to put booster in line without sma connectors. Stock antenna would work pretty well boosted, but not as well as some of the other options.

Ok FlyNFrank, I ordered it and will test on my known routes. That windsurfer looks much taller than the others I've seen.

Were you able to test this windsurfer? Curious to know if it helps in areas with lots of trees, homes, and wifi congestion.

I am new here but reading a lot about the antenna upgrades. I have a question on the Rexuav 3dr 2.4ghz antennas they are selling. I found 1 version which had a one 2.4ghz and one 5.8ghz antenna, looking at them they are different which makes sense. The version I see here and on their site has to 2.4ghz antennas. I thought the MP remote used 2.4ghz TX for control and 5.8ghz RX for FPV and telemetry. I don't understand having two 2.4ghz antenna's.

The other version I found, I know there listed for a different drone.

2017 REXUAV - Yuneec CP Long Range Antenna V3 Amazon.com: 2017 REXUAV - Yuneec CP Long Range Antenna V3: Computers & Accessories

Thanks

Last edited:
I am new here but reading a lot about the antenna upgrades. I have a question on the Rexuav 3dr 2.4ghz antennas they are selling. I found 1 version which had a one 2.4ghz and one 5.8ghz antenna, looking at them they are different which makes sense. The version I see here and on their site has to 2.4ghz antennas. I thought the MP remote used 2.4ghz TX for control and 5.8ghz RX for FPV and telemetry. I don't understand having two 2.4ghz antenna's.

The other version I found, I know there listed for a different drone.

2017 REXUAV - Yuneec CP Long Range Antenna V3 Amazon.com: 2017 REXUAV - Yuneec CP Long Range Antenna V3: Computers & Accessories

Thanks
Mavic uses only 2.4GHz.

View attachment 10658

A bit ridiculous looking, but works well. The circular polarizing design allows for better amplification of receiving channel. My signal is considerably stronger than the fpvlr with same amplification.
Do me a favor and measure the distance between coils, the diameter of the coils and note any taper. I want to analyze this thing from a microwave antenna perspective.

Silver is indeed a slightly better conductor than copper. (I was incorrect when I said earlier that I thought that copper was the best conductor). ...
come up with a contraption so that one could immerse one's copper antenna in a container of liquid nitrogen (boiling point of liquid nitrogen = 77 Kelvin = - 196 Celsius = - 321 Fahrenheit ) while it is being used. That would increase the electrical conductivity of copper by at least 200% or 300% or even more. Much more than a measly 5% increase in conductivity by just going from a room-temperature copper antenna to a room-temperature silver antenna.
Antenna conductivity is mostly a "skin" effect at microwaves - the silver would be a moderate improvement in conductivity but would affect impedance more than any output power per se. The wire gauge and materials is mostly immaterial at the Mavic power levels. In fact a 30 gauge wire (.01") can be used with many tens of watts output power. The heavier wires are only used for mechanical strength.
As far as cryo cooled - the only reason people use cryogenics in antennas is to lower the Kelvin (thermal, shot) noise for sensitive receivers and usually the entire front end is cooled - not the antenna. I worked on a missile tracking radar that had a cryo front-end.

Hey CyberNate,
I just bought both CP antennas from his website, the copper and
the silver one,.......the silver is giving me 20% increase from the
copper....the facts listed below..

So if all metals conduct electricity, how do they all rank? Take a look at this chart:

Material IACS (International Annealed Copper Standard)
Ranking Metal % Conductivity*
1 Silver (Pure) 105%
2 Copper 100%
3 Gold (Pure) 70%
4 Aluminum 61%
5 Brass 28%
6 Zinc 27%
7 Nickel 22%
8 Iron (Pure) 17%
9 Tin 15%
10 Phosphor Bronze 15%
11 Steel (Stainless included) 3-15%
12 Lead (Pure) 7%
13 Nickel Aluminum Bronze 7%

You guys are falling for voo-doo-doo.
They do in fact use silver inside many mil spec sensitive microwave components like mixers and waveguides but that's because the government has your tax dollars to get the very best even with questionable ROI.
Look inside a radar detector which has a far more sensitive receiver than the MP will ever have. The waveguide horn is plain old aluminum. Same with the police radar guns.

My amps have a blue led that blinks where there is transmission. With the linear polarized antennae (FPVLR Yagi type) I get cross-over interference as can be seen by the RX side blinking along with the TX. With the CP antennae I don't see that. The RX side stays white as it should. I assume that this helps the signal as I'm not seeing my own TX signal as interference on the RX side.
That's actually a very nice feature - as you note it can be handy to know when you're transmitting. Most systems cannot and do not transmit and receive at the same time. There's a circuit to keep the transmitter from blasting down into the sensitive receiver so for the time you're transmitting the receiver is off line. I confess I'm not up on how the MP implements this. Are your amps oriented the same way or is one for transmit the other for receive? Which is which if so?

Has anybody tried the "REXUAV RC 4W 2.4GHz mini-Wifi Signal Boosters"? Know how they compare to Sunhans? Seems too good to be true for 1W more at half the price...

Has anybody tried the "REXUAV RC 4W 2.4GHz mini-Wifi Signal Boosters"? Know how they compare to Sunhans? Seems too good to be true for 1W more at half the price...
They are legit. But remember that they don't have the blinking light, and the difference between 2w 3w and 4w is almost unnoticeable on a drone

No. Mavic uses only 2.4GHz for both video and control.
You can configure it to use channels above 30 and then use the 5.8GHz band. But only if you are in the proper region or

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jw312569