DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone use Anti-Collision Strobe Lights on their Mavic 3

MadDogDan

Reactions
My Mavic 3 came with some extras like a hard case, DJI RC controller, extra batteries, charging station, landing pad, and a Lume Cube Anti Collision Strobe. I don’t fly much at night but I do fly just as the sun is setting and really like using the downward LED lights. Makes it much easier for my tired old eyes (69 years old) to locate my drone when it is out a thousand feet or so.

I am curious as to the best location to mount The Lume Cube Anti Collision Light. It only weights 10 grams so I was wondering if this is heavy enough to effect flight characteristic in relation to the mounting point. What is the optimum mounting location bearing in mind it is more for me to locate my drone rather than for aircraft to visually spot the drone.

Check this item out.

Ordered! Thank you! Already have the Lume Cubes, gathering dust on the shelf, as no Mavic 3 attachment mechanism, until now!

Reactions: MA2 317
I have the Lume Cube

That I bought to use with mt Phantom 4 Pro, but never had a chance to use it.
Now with the M3, I do want to use it and there is an obvious place on the top, a bit forward of center to place it.
But if I wanted one facing back to help with finding it against the sky , how or where would a 2nd light be placed? Maybe Velco to the back of a rear arm?
I also may look at the Firehouse V for a second light. Just saw a comparison video that the Firehouse seemed brighter at distance.

Anyone here with practical experience on these lights? And other ideas?

In case you didn't see the link above in my earlier post, this company has 3-D printed mounts that work well.

The Lume Cube rig looks cool so can you point forward and another one backwards.

I use the ARC V's along with 3-D printed mounts on each arm for my MA2 and couldn't be happier. 🙂

So that bottom mounting ARC V doesn’t interfere with any of the bottom sensors?
And do they have them for rear facing mounts on the arms?

So that bottom mounting ARC V doesn’t interfere with any of the bottom sensors?

I guess it doesn't interfere otherwise they probably wouldn't be sold. 🤔

do they have them for rear facing mounts on the arms?

Nice. Thanks. Probably what I'll do. Keep the LumeCube on top & get 2 ARC V's for the rear legs.

Reactions: MA2 317
Why add weight, cost, complexity, and drag with strobe mounting brackets? Velcro works just fine.
Works fine on the top. Not sure about the legs. But I could be wrong. Happened once...

Let me qualify that. Not sure velcro alone would be good for the ARC v's due to their size & form factor. But again, I could be wrong.
1687096300838.png

You might be right. Without the bracket the light itself probably isn't that much larger than the arm. So the Heavey duty velcro probably is enough. I'll see....Screen Shot 2023-06-18 at 8.54.51 AM.png

Works fine on the top. Not sure about the legs. But I could be wrong. Happened once...

Let me qualify that. Not sure velcro alone would be good for the ARC v's due to their size & form factor. But again, I could be wrong.
View attachment 165338
Velcro has worked fine with the Arv V lights for me. Add a rubber band for mounting on the arm for more security.

That mount looks like a pretty good option, though. It's not unnecessarily bulky and heavy. Most of the ones I've seen look like they were designed and printed by Fred Flintstone.

Velcro has worked fine with the Arv V lights for me. Add a rubber band for mounting on the arm for more security.

That mount looks like a pretty good option, though. It's not unnecessarily bulky and heavy. Most of the ones I've seen look like they were designed and printed by Fred Flintstone.
What I thought. Not too bulky at all

Reactions: MS Coast
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliyindian