DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone used a Vankyo tablet?

naiku

Reactions
I'm looking for a tablet to use with my Mavic 2, I did have a Samsung SM-T290 but am returning it as it will only connect reliably using the side port on the controller, using the DJI supplied short cable. So, basically unusable.

Looking at tablets and came across the Vankyo MatrixPad S30 on Amazon. I've never heard of the brand, but the specs look at if they would work well. It has 32gb storage. 3gb ram, runs on Android 9, has GPS etc. Reviews are decent as well.

Brand new it's a similar price to a used Lenovo Tab 4 plus, so I'm a little torn on getting the known quantity with the Lenovo or getting the Vankyo

Any one used them? Thanks.

Might have answered my own question, but still interested if anyone's used one. Essentially it seems that while it's likely powerful enough, the screen is pretty dim and washed out, which did something where the primary use would be outside, makes it a non starter.

Last edited:
FWIW, and I know it's a little late, I just purchased it and after updating the firmware (no video feed from mini) it worked like a charm. Screen seems fine and bright enough at max settings. Still had to get a longer cable (DJI USB to USB-C).

Nice, glad it worked out for you. I ended up with a Lenovo that's plenty bright enough.

FWIW, and I know it's a little late, I just purchased it and after updating the firmware (no video feed from mini) it worked like a charm. Screen seems fine and bright enough at max settings. Still had to get a longer cable (DJI USB to USB-C).
I’m think of getting the same tablet. I’m using my Samsung S8+ phone but finding the screen too small.
Are you still happy with it? Did you manage to get a bracket to hold it on your rc ok?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rui S