DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone using Mavic 3 Enterprise right now? Has anyone tried to film or photo a barcode?

klad

Reactions
Hi,
I'm working in a project where I need a drone to read barcodes (of course the drone itself won't do it), so I'm thinking to move to a Mavic 3 Enterprise, but I'd like to know if someone has tried to make something similar or if someone who has it can take a photo to single barcode just to check (anything like a cookies bag or a cola can).

I'm moving from smaller drones to a bigger one (to make developments also), but I need to be sure it will fit.

Can someone give me a hand?

Thanks in advance!

if someone who has it can take a photo to single barcode just to check (anything like a cookies bag or a cola can).
A couple of issues you might have:
The drone's camera has a wideangle lens that makes objects appear more distant.
The drone's autofocus has trouble with small objects and wants to focus on the background.
I shot some samples for you with a Mavic 3 - virtually the same camera as the M3 Enterprise.
Shot at 1 metre and 0.5 metre, and because autofocus had trouble, I shot again with manual focus.

Attachments

• 0.5 metre AF.JPG
    9.7 MB · Views: 42
  • 0.5 metre MF.JPG
    9.8 MB · Views: 33
  • 1 metre AF.JPG
    9.6 MB · Views: 29
  • 1 metre MF.JPG
    9.9 MB · Views: 33
The drone's autofocus has trouble with small objects and wants to focus on the background.
I shot some samples for you with a Mavic 3 - virtually the same camera as the M3 Enterprise.
Shot at 1 metre and 0.5 metre, and because autofocus had trouble, I shot again with manual focus.
Thanks a lot!!
They are really useful!

With the manual focus they're fully readable.

Thanks for your help Meta4

Almost correct. M3E Enterprise has mechanical shutter and take away some blur and make a difference.
Auto focus hmm, hit and miss.

Almost correct. M3E Enterprise has mechanical shutter and take away some blur and make a difference.
Auto focus hmm, hit and miss.
Also, isn't the enterprise version the only one that may end up with an SDK released for 3rd party app support?

Reactions: Peter Upfold
Also, isn't the enterprise version the only one that may end up with an SDK released for 3rd party app support?
Yes, One of the reason I got the Enterprise (plus Strobe Light and support for RTK if needed later). I have started to look into SDK see what it can used for. I hope they will release it soon for consumer drones also but might not happen or it be late next year..... I'm about to test Dronelink as they got a beta for M3 Enterprise and also the M30, I bit pricy but see how it works. Litchi said they will also look into support for M3 Enterprise

Reactions: Peter Upfold
Hi,
I'm working in a project where I need a drone to read barcodes (of course the drone itself won't do it), so I'm thinking to move to a Mavic 3 Enterprise, but I'd like to know if someone has tried to make something similar or if someone who has it can take a photo to single barcode just to check (anything like a cookies bag or a cola can).

I'm moving from smaller drones to a bigger one (to make developments also), but I need to be sure it will fit.

Can someone give me a hand?

Thanks in advance!
I have a similar requirement, have you got anywhere with this?

Thanks for these, very useful, Just one (stupid) question, what happens if you zoom in with the camera? Does the picture blur significantly?

Thanks for these, very useful, Just one (stupid) question, what happens if you zoom in with the camera? Does the picture blur significantly?
I've not tried, but the more magnification, the harder it would be to fly because the screen view would show a smaller area.

You'll probably be able to test that just by cropping out the image from the original raw. Since there's no optical zoom (you're either at the default, or the 7x lens) , you wouldn't gain anything zooming (digitally) in camera over just cropping it in post.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philip Chura