DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone using the Litchi app with no issues?

Desertdude

Reactions
You hear about all the problems with the Litchi app. Are people using it with no issues. I would like to see some positive posts on this app.

You hear about all the problems with the Litchi app. Are people using it with no issues. I would like to see some positive posts on this app.

I've used it without any issues during normal FPV, auto panorama, and VR mode. I'm on iOS. No crashes or anything. Believe most of the crash issues I've heard of were on android.

Litchi did send out an email yesterday advising of a bug with the new firmware. A few modes will cause issues till it's fixed.

I use DJI go 4 99% of the time for normal flying. There are some extras on litchi like press-and-hold C1 and C2 actions and down press the 5 way button actions. Wish DJI would add more options to the C1&2 buttons, they are the most accessible when using your thumbs to fly.

I tend to use Litchi most often on my Galaxy Note 4, since I prefer their interface to DJI GO 4. Every so often, I'll switch back to GO 4 to make sure my sensors are all okay, and that my firmware is up to date. Neither of the two apps crashes often for me- only once or twice each in the 3-ish months I've owned a Mavic.

I use Litchi about 50% of the time on an iPad mini 4.

I have had a couple of problems with the video feed lagging as the flight progressed but that was fixed after a reboot if the iPad.

Never had an issue with waypoints or orbit/focus modes (But note the previous post about the .500 firmware - which also affects Autopilot).

The Litchi Orbit mode is so much more useful than the Go4 implementation, you tap on the point of interest (rather than flying over it) , then size the orbit circle on the map so you can easily see if there are any obstacles (trees around a church tower) before you start the orbit. remember you'll be flying sideways so obstacle avoidance wont help..

The offline edit of missions from the PC's big screen at home before heading out is a fantastic feature as it saves wasting battery time when on site. Using curved paths and multiple POI's is a great feature for cinematic video - but be carful of the Mavic cutting corners round obstacles.

I've also programmed waypoints from the aircraft while planning a very tight mission flying backwards along a narrow river under overhanging trees. I was surprised just how accurately it could reproduce the flight paths with good GPS. Setting waypoints sometimes needed multiple presses of the C1 button for some reason - but otherwise OK.

Last edited:
I downloaded the Litchi app the other day have not used it yet. I like the interface better than the djigo4 app. I love creating waypoint missions especially on a large screen, it's much easier. I'll report back once i try it.

Reactions: Phill and Budmancan
Used Litchi once, for the VR view with "cardboard" googles. App crashed after 5 minutes, really scary feeling. Never used it ever since; only GO4 app for iOS. Do not need more challenges than I already have :)

I've used litchi a few times, but it disconnects more often for me then DJI go. Not really sure what caused the problem there.
I like some of the litchis functionike waypoint and orbit. But stuff like follow me or tracking is just complete garbage compare to the DJI go.

Reactions: Capra Vecinului
I've used litchi a few times, but it disconnects more often for me then DJI go. Not really sure what caused the problem there.
I like some of the litchis functionike waypoint and orbit. But stuff like follow me or tracking is just complete garbage compare to the DJI go.

I have the opposite problems, djigo4 app sucks for me. I get interference and not connected all the time. I load up the Litchi and and I get a green gps ready to go sign. Hasn't disconnected yet. I love the waypoint feature.

Reactions: Phill
I have the opposite problems, djigo4 app sucks for me. I get interference and not connected all the time. I load up the Litchi and and I get a green gps ready to go sign. Hasn't disconnected yet. I love the waypoint feature.
How does tracking work for you?

I haven't used my litchi yet , all I get is a black screen and it says on the top it's disconnected???

Hi , I'm in Spain and use litchi for the vr goggles, not found any vr program better, because it's normally sunny here I find I can see better with goggles on and can fly more precisely.
Although if you get any warnings come up you just feel a buzz but won't see them but if dry right back button to revert to normal screen.
I'm using a powerful fairly new xioami note 4 phone and neither programs crash much as they did with a less powerful LG phone I've got. I believe the phone or tablet makes a difference.
The overall settings I'd say are better in goapp 4 and keep this program in a spare part of phone if not the litchi program won't work...I had to go into developer settings to activate USB debugging to get litchi to work at all with this phone.
I noticed today there is a firmware update, it did upsetting no fly zones and gimbal... Want to find out more about this before installing it... Sam

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using MavicPilots mobile app

Android works fine for me with litchi I don't buy iPhones as I think they're easy overpriced with the next model only a few months away....I recently bought for €200 a xioami note 4 with 3 GB ram ... It is a blatant copy of the iPhone plus ! At a fifth of the price.
Pleased with it, camera and fingerprint control are brilliant

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using MavicPilots mobile app

I have used Litchi app on my iPhone & android phones without any issues at all.. it is the best app out there for drones but far!
Especially the waypoints mission possibilities are amazing!

I haven't used my litchi yet , all I get is a black screen and it says on the top it's disconnected???
Make sure you go into app settings and make sure Go4 is not set up as default. If it is, clear it and repeat startup process using litchi

You hear about problems with the stock DJI Go4 app as well . Have you read the reviews on the Play Store ? LOL . I've used Litchi since January with no issues .

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent