DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone using the Litchi app with no issues?

Waypoint Mode doing crazy movements on the gimbal, the gimbal will just constantly move up and down. Reinstalled litchi and still the same result Mavic with latest firmware. Does anybody experience the same? Any Fix?

This was the reply from DJI regarding RTH issue. I mention that I was using Litchi app for waypoint setup.
In regards to this, we would like to verify if this is with regards to your concern about your Mavic Air not returning to home? If yes, you mentioned on your previous emails that you're using a Litchi App to operate the aircraft. Please be informed that Litchi App is a third party software and not developed by DJI.

Any issues or damages that caused by a third party software will void the warranty of the aircraft.

I use Litchi almost exclusively, but I am flying a way-point files repeatedly and find it convenient for building the way-point files in mission hub. Also, I do have a lot of instances of the drone loosing contact with my android device but that generally does not affect my ability to complete the sortie. Sometimes the MVP doesn't transmit video to the android device but it always stores the images correctly on the sim card. Again my work is a fixed format with offline batch processing of the images.

I have over 600 air miles on my P3P. Over 95% of that is using Litchi on my Android Samsung 9.7 inch Galaxy TAB S2 tablet. Works great. I have never had a problem that I traced to the Litchi App. I can't remember when I last flew with the DJI Go App. I fly mostly waypoint missions.
Joe
KC7GHT

Reactions: pyrolator
Works great for me.

I wish I could import via SD card or Bluetooth a flight plan from the computer (without internet).

The RTH issue I was having turned out to be a "Setup Problem" in the DJI app. A switch regarding RTH had been turned off . Everything is back to normal. Nothing to do with the LItchi App.
Here my correspondence with DJI:
Dear Lance,
Appreciate your comment regarding the third party Litchi app. For your information I discovered that when using the DJI Go4 app, one of the switches regarding RTH had been switched off. Switching back on, things return to normal and the RTH is working fine. Note that in the our discussions/texts regarding the RTH problem, we didn’t review any of the settings (I maybe should have asked the right questions). Before assuming that everything were as it should be, I re-tested the Litchi App and flew a few programed missions (with RTH checked to apply at the end of mission) everything worked fine and the drone landed right on its mark.
Point is the Litchi app was not the issue, it was my incorrect setup in the DJI Go 4 App, which was overlooked on my part.

I might mention the it would be nice if DJI were to offer the waypoint setup feature such as Litchi, then your customer would be tempted to resort to third party apps!

Cheers

Like a lot of folks here who replied, I found the Litchi App far better interface than DJI Go. I believe the superior performance is related to more to the phone/tablet than it is to the flight application. The DJI Go 4 app is HUGE compared with the Litchi App and the Go4 APP is FAR more demanding of the resources of the phone/tablet. Hence, far more disconnect issues resulting from DJI Go than from Litchi.

And I agree...the Waypoint mode in Go 4 sucks compared with the Litchi Waypoint mode!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike