DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone with a 3D printer?

Jimck9

Reactions
I've got something I found on kickstarter that didn't raise enough money and failed. It looks like a really useful item that might improve my pool shots? Interested?

I have a 3D printer (Ender-3). I'm not volunteering to do anything, but what exactly is the part you think can be 3D printed? It's a great technology, but it does have lots of limitations.

The first three items on my "Thingiverse" page are for my Mavic 2 Pro:

I'm also retired from the computer systems field. I was unix system admin from back in the day. The things I was able to do on highly specialized systems, Sun and Silicon Graphics boxes; what once required special boxes can now be done on your home PC; such is progress...
You can see it on Kickstarter: Sureshot! A Billiards Assist Tool
I've tried to contact the person responsible but haven't had any luck. Looks like it is in a "patent pending" status.

That would be dead simple to design and print with a 3D printer. It could double as brass knuckles if you got in a fight at the pool hall.

However, there are probably some proportions and measurements that are important, if the design had any merit at all. Without those, the thing might not have the right balance or "feel."

No need for Brass Knuckles at my neighborhood bar(with pool tables). Let me see if I can come up with some measurements to get it closer to a "working" design. It might be a couple of days, I'm being bothered with a painful tooth I was told should have pulled ten years ago. Much as I dread it, got to see a dentist tomorrow...

I think you would be much better served taking it to a local 3D printing shop than you would by having it printed by some random stranger (that would be me) you "met" in some random forum on the Internet.

Here are some printing services in Delaware:

Delaware 3D Printing Services

Some libraries are now offering this service as well.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKAms