DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anything I can do about blade shadows?

kaitlyn

Reactions
I'm on a long-ish trip and one of the things I simply couldn't get in time was ND filters. I think I've been able to manage well enough, though I haven't reviewed every piece of footage!

One thing I did notice in a few clips though is the blade shadow and because the shutter speed is high enough it's creating an extremely distracting flicker. Anything I can do mitigate it or even post-process it out somehow?

Here's how you get the best light with a camera in your hands, to avoid glare or uneven lighting on the surface of the lens: Check where the sun is. Check where the subject is. Orient yourself so the sun is behind your left or right shoulder. Special exceptions are sunsets or sunrises or night shots.

Here's how you get the best light with a drone, to avoid glare or uneven lighting on the surface of the lens: Check where the sun is. Check where the subject is. Orient the drone so the sun is behind your left or right shoulder, drone-wise. Special exceptions are sunsets or sunrises or night shots.

What editing software are you using? There are anti-flicker plugins for the higher end packages like FCP and Premiere Pro. They are typically used to de-flicker time lapse videos but might work for this application as well.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kkanoz86