DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

APAS .

Cant find away to turn on.APAS. MAVIC ,2. Pro

It's not always available and there is not a hard-control for it on the remote.
  • You start it with the APAS button in DJI GO 4 (triangle icon with arrow through it on the left side of screen)
  • You have to be in P-mode
  • The icon will also go away if you're in an intelligent flight mode.
  • There are a few other gotchas listed in the manual, pg 32.
Chris

Sorry to show my ignorance but what is APAS and what will it can it do ???????

Advanced Pilot Assistance Systems.
Refer to PG 32 in your manual for a description.
To summarize :
"APAS make it easier to avoid obstacles, obtain, smoother footage, and gives a better flying experience."

Advanced Pilot Assistance Systems.
Refer to PG 32 in your manual for a description.
To summarize :
"APAS make it easier to avoid obstacles, obtain, smoother footage, and gives a better flying experience."

Why is it not activated by default?

That would assume that a majority want it on by default. I almost never use it, myself. It's slow and doesn't work when you're in other intelligent flight modes.

I do use other slower/safer modes, such as tripod and cinematic modes, but they too are slow. Sometimes you want to get to a location faster, then turn on a slower mode for smoother video. You don't need the extra safety when you're flying clear, well away from obstacles.

Also, if you're are shooting a wide landscape from a high altitude, those modes are TOO slow. A normal speed looks better on video and is plenty smooth for straight flying. Though for this, you want to tweak your EXP / sensitivity / yaw / gimbal settings to be smoother motion from default (there are other threads for that topic).

Chris

Reactions: ZooCougar
That would assume that a majority want it on by default. I almost never use it, myself. It's slow and doesn't work when you're in other intelligent flight modes.

I do use other slower/safer modes, such as tripod and cinematic modes, but they too are slow. Sometimes you want to get to a location faster, then turn on a slower mode for smoother video. You don't need the extra safety when you're flying clear, well away from obstacles.

Also, if you're are shooting a wide landscape from a high altitude, those modes are TOO slow. A normal speed looks better on video and is plenty smooth for straight flying. Though for this, you want to tweak your EXP / sensitivity / yaw / gimbal settings to be smoother motion from default (there are other threads for that topic).

Chris

Yup, I used it when I was new but never use it now. I am more likely turning sensors off, than turning APAS on.

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deauxpamine