DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Aperture in automatic mode question.

Reactions
Good evening everyone, I was wondering ... but when you use the drone automatically (no pro), is it normal that the photos are always at 2.8 aperture? I noticed that all the photos I took automatically are always at 2.8, regardless of the place, time or light. I was also wondering if this thing could be causing the slight blurring I have on the edges of the photos. Correct me if I'm wrong, but with more aperture I could improve the sharpness of the photo, correct?

In addition to this, can you confirm that the photos in automatic are always at f / 2.8?
I don't have a Mavic 3 to check.
But rather than leave the camera to handle everything, it would be better to use Aperture Priority mode and select the aperture and ISO setting that you want to use and let the camera choose an appropriate shutter speed.

Good evening everyone, I was wondering ... but when you use the drone automatically (no pro), is it normal that the photos are always at 2.8 aperture? I noticed that all the photos I took automatically are always at 2.8, regardless of the place, time or light. I was also wondering if this thing could be causing the slight blurring I have on the edges of the photos. Correct me if I'm wrong, but with more aperture I could improve the sharpness of the photo, correct?
In theory you could see some corner sharpness improvement by stopping down to f/5.6-f/6.3, yes, but any higher and it starts working against you and this is just in theory, in practice it may not make an appreciable difference. Only testing will tell. As Met4 said set aperture manually and you can leave the rest set to auto if you want.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sverkerh