DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

App or software to fly from Mac?

Neel194

Reactions
Is there currently a way you can fly through you computer? I have a MacBook Air and would be awesome when at home to hook the controller up to the laptop!

Not really possible from the laptop as the flight software is written IOS and android devices.

You could connect it to a large tablet for the extra screen size

You would need to have some sort of antenna extension as well for the best connection

Reactions: Neel194
  • Haha
Well, an option that would get you about 80 percent of the way, is you would have to install an Android "sandbox", called "Bluestacks". Then, in that sandbox, you would install and run the Go4 apk. file.
Now we run into the issue, (the last 20 percent), how do you interface the controller to the pc/Bluestacks/Go4 app?
Not sure if you would be able to run the "simulator" bit thru the Bluestacks sandbox.
But maybe worth a try???

Can you try it and let me know? ?

Not tech savy at all.

All in all, wouldnt it be great if DJI develop an app for Mac?

Surely a firm of their size, this shouldn't be an issue.

Here is a link for your OS (IOS):

It will run in the sandbox, but like I said, the issue is going to interface the controller to the Apple computer.....Does the simulator work on you Apple product? Have you tried it with your Ipad (if you are using one)?

IF I was in the Happle ecosystem, I would try it for you, but I ain't, so I won't... ? ;)

Maybe you have a friend who could come over and give you a hand for a few beers (after you get it going)!!??

Here is a link for your OS (IOS):

It will run in the sandbox, but like I said, the issue is going to interface the controller to the Apple computer.....Does the simulator work on you Apple product? Have you tried it with your Ipad (if you are using one)?

IF I was in the Happle ecosystem, I would try it for you, but I ain't, so I won't... ? ;)

Maybe you have a friend who could come over and give you a hand for a few beers (after you get it going)!!??

Don't use an iPad, i use my iPhone.

Honestly mate ill probably wait for DJI to come through (which they will probably never ??)

Thanks for the help though ?

They won't on this aspect. to much resource for to little "bang"

Actually, another option you could do (might cost ya) is to get an I pad (bigger screen).

Thanks for the suggestion but i cant quite take my TV to the garden with me!

Ah right, thought you wanted to fly it from within the house, you could use a 12in ipad, for a larger screen that is portable

Last edited:
I've successfully cast from my Android phone/tablet to my Win10 laptop. One of the laptops did not show having hardware specifically for cast, but it still worked. It only didn't work well at a workshop I facilitate but I attributed that to Wi-Fi and Bluetooth being used by many of those attending for their quads, jamming the spectrum.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming