DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

App update

Thug

Reactions
My app is still showing 4.3.9 when on the (Apple) app store they newest version is 4.3.10 (although I have heard that 4.3.11 is around the corner).
Why doesn't it auto update?

It's the same with Android; normally it only takes a few hours, but sometimes Apps can take a day or two before every region's downloads are available. Note also that Android/Apple apps sometimes get slightly out of step on version numbers.

The reason for this is that you're not actually downloading from a single server, but rather a whole bunch of servers dotted around the globe in a content delivery network, or CDN, that work semi-autonomously. Once an App update is pushed to Apple or Google, it needs to propogate across the CDN, which takes time, and if the CDN server you are using hasn't got the update yet it can't download. Sometimes changing ISP (e.g. mobile to home WiFi) then checking for updates will trigger the download, sometimes you just need to wait.

All assuming your device is downloading other updates OK and it's not the entire update mechanism that's not working for you, of course. That's more more likely to be a general device issue - most likely config or network access.

Reactions: Thug
Yeah other updates are automatic.
I checked on the App store and there was an 'update' button, so it is now updated (to 4.3.10).

Yeah other updates are automatic.
I checked on the App store and there was an 'update' button, so it is now updated (to 4.3.10).
Auto updates can at times be a real nightmare. Do some research. Better when it comes to DJI to let someone else be the test dummy and hang back till the green light appears. Some updates can do more harm than good.

Reactions: Thug
Auto updates can at times be a real nightmare. Do some research. Better when it comes to DJI to let someone else be the test dummy and hang back till the green light appears. Some updates can do more harm than good.

Good advice. I have automatic updates disabled and usually wait a day or two before applying manually for exactly this reason. Bugs happen, and unless you are desperate for a new feature there's no reason to be a beta tester unless you want to be. You do need to be a little more alert for any urgent security updates though.

As a bonus, it also stops certain vendors from installing additional unwanted crud on your devices without you being aware of it and allowing the install.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost