DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Apple vs Android

I use my iPhone 7 Plus and it works great, thought about getting an iPad mini but can’t justify it right now just for use with my mavic.

There's also far more you can do easily with Android in the development area, e.g make your own app with modifications.

I have Samsung S5 and Nexus 7 both run just fine, I don't see how spending lots more on apple make basically the same hardware superior, except with lower end devices (by modern standards) e.g the Nexus 7, you need to make sure nothing else much is running at the same time.

Reactions: Aussie-4WD
I would just buy a used iPhone 6s Plus or iPad mini 3 or 4 to use as a dedicated device. Save your money esp. since your not an Apple guy. Find a firmware version that you are happy with and keep your device offline to avoid being updated into obsolescence.

Im sure the technologically clueless apple sheep will be along shortly to try to brainwash you

See, this is where you go wrong. You have good info but come off so negatively at times people tend to ignore you. Any post starting this way tends to be met, appropriately, with skepticism or skipped altogether.

It doesn't matter when it comes to apply. Their brainwashing is so complete its useless even pretending to be nice - it'll get exactly the same reaction. Im long since even pretending to humour these idiots.

Im sure the technologically clueless apple sheep will be along shortly to try to brainwash you but.....
Unfortunately Crystal Sky will be limited to DJI app and It cost more then ipad 4 mini. In the UK ebay price £319 that's reasonable price imho.
No cellular but why bother when we have presonal hotspot from mobile phone.

I am a PC user. I really value control over the system, which is lets say limited in apple os,
but everything has its own reason one is safety.
I remeber times when for professional tasks first choice was apple widely use by printing and publishing industries, tv etc.
Then Internet came along, AMD and Intel race make PC industrie strong, then mobile phones, tablets were introduced to the people.
So what happend to that company that was always for pros? Suddenly they start producing overpriced crap? No they hold where they were.
I have chosen apple phone for banking at first and I was guided by my knowledge about operating systems,
so I know they are safer then any other devices (if you do not jailbreak them)
also apple system works on apple products (with some exceptions :D), android works on ..... more than plenty, do I have to elaborate?

I would always try to buy product manufactured by company that is lets say more dedicated in given industry rather than engaged in wider market
(I buy monitors form EIZO top company but no one will argue over it as they do not have them in pocket)

In most of the cases everything comes to the money .
I don't understand anger over phone brand and offending people you never knew. Think before you speak do not generalize.

I really miss nokia :(

I have always been 100% android,but when it comes to my little high priced toy{lol},I wanted dependability so I got a mini 4 with cellular so I could use all functions and not have to worry about it

Reactions: L.L.
The Mavic is a super portable drone. Don’t ruin it by sticking a dirty great tablet on it. That’s what Phantoms are for.

Im sure the technologically clueless apple sheep will be along shortly to try to brainwash you but.....

If Apple sheep are technologically clueless, what are Android users who still recommend iOS over Android for the sole purpose of flying the Mavic? :)

We all have our biases and I still lean Android for most things. That said, there might be some truth to what you're saying but for the purposes of this topic, the experience on iOS seems to be flawless for the most part. The inability to access the file system directly on iOS is frustrating at times but trading it for stability and safety while flying is worth that trade-off IMO. Yes, there are others who have no issues with DJI Go on Android but, due to how fragmented Android is, the experience is full of surprises. Most folks don't like surprises while doing certain things where stability is expected. I'd like to think flying is one of them.

Samsung tab S2 8 inch is the best one until now. Powerfull, light weight, super bright.

I looked at the Samsung Tab S2 8" both in the T713 and the T710 and found the T710 has an Intel processer, not a Samsung. I purchased the T710 and it's a perfect fit in the controller, gives no problems in operation either in updates or running. A 6 inch USB fits the controller center connection and connects with the tablet perfectly. It was easy to restrict unnecessary apps and install DJI GO 4. This tablet has a great screen, processors and response time. It was $245 new, but definitely worth it.

Larrymc

If Apple sheep are technologically clueless, what are Android users who still recommend iOS over Android for the sole purpose of flying the Mavic? :)

We all have our biases and I still lean Android for most things. That said, there might be some truth to what you're saying but for the purposes of this topic, the experience on iOS seems to be flawless for the most part. The inability to access the file system directly on iOS is frustrating at times but trading it for stability and safety while flying is worth that trade-off IMO. Yes, there are others who have no issues with DJI Go on Android but, due to how fragmented Android is, the experience is full of surprises. Most folks don't like surprises while doing certain things where stability is expected. I'd like to think flying is one of them.
That was an outstanding response. That was exactly what was going through my head this whole time. I landed on the iPad mini 4 last night. Thank you

I started out with my iPhone 6s because that was what I had when I bought my Mavic. I was happy with everything working every time I would fly but the sun killed me being able to see the screen. I then switched over to an iPad Air2 with cellular and really liked the extra screen that it gave me but still the same problem on sunny days. I added a sunshade but everything together made it pretty bulky for such a portable device. But now I have the CS 5.5 and absolutely love it. I have not had any problems yet with it including lockups, over heating, not being able to see the screen in the bright sunlight. My fan runs to cool it even indoors in 75 degree temp if I have it one more than 5 minutes. I based my choices on not what OS it was, but on what worked the best for me. Yes, the CS is an expensive way to go but it is a dedicated device that is used for one purpose only. I do not use third party apps so that worked out great for me. The Apple devices that I used worked great except they would heat up in the sun after awhile and I would have to let them cool off. The android system on the CS has been flawless so far and I just hope that DJI updates don't ruin that for me. If it's not bright and sunny I still like using the iPad without the sunshade just for the bigger screen. I will probably get the CS in the 7.85 when they get back in stock but I will still keep the CS 5.5 for the portability it gives me. I use a MavMount and have the different mounts to switch between phone, iPad, and CS. I also have the DJI mount for CS that I use to switch between the Mavic and Phantom. The main thing to do is find what works for you and enjoy flying.

I recently picked up my very first Apple device (iPad Air 2/Cellular/32GB)

Always been an Apple hater, but now realize it was a sound investment (checkout my Apple thread)

Reactions: locoman
Android has always been a flaky piece of c**p in my experience both on a phone and using the phone as a display for the Mavic, Apple hardware on the other hand just works no matter what you throw at it. Why would you not want something that just works? Love my Apple products (although iTunes is a horrible piece of software to deal with) and although my experience of Android has left me looking forward to switching back to an iPhone 8 as soon as I can afford one, I have never understood the hatred of Apple products and users by the Android fanboys. I have used both my iPad pro 12.9" and more recently I got a used iPhone 6s Plus to use as a dedicated display for the Mavic which is has performed flawlessly and has a really nice bright display.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki