DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Are panoramas adjustable?

MavicKhan

Reactions
I am currently traveling through Sardignia and, given how normal UAV rules and restrictions are, in Italy, it is the first I've taken my Air 3 out of my own country.

(...Last year, we traveled to New Zealand and after some good help from fellow forum members, here, I came to the very sad conclusion that it wouldn't be worthwhile taking the drone there given how draconian and restrictive drone rules are in that country).

The Air 3 is certainly enhancing our enjoyment of this beautiful Mediterranean island, but I’m a bit puzzled about the panorama mode.

When I start a 180° panorama, the first thing the gimbal does is level out, then it proceeds to take as many vertical exposures above the horizon as it does below (in addition to the horizontal sweep, of course).

The result is that the panorama ends up with far too much sky, whereas everything of interest is typically below the horizon.

Is there any way to adjust this behavior so that the panorama is more balanced, perhaps closer to the rule of thirds?

Thank you in advance for any replies.

MK

The result is that the panorama ends up with far too much sky, whereas everything of interest is typically below the horizon.
Is there any way to adjust this behavior so that the panorama is more balanced, perhaps closer to the rule of thirds?
If you want to use the automated panorama feature, you can always crop the resulting panorama.
Or for more creative control, you can shoot panoramas manually in whatever way you like and stitch them yourself instead of the limited options that the built-in feature has.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
I am currently traveling through Sardignia and, given how normal UAV rules and restrictions are, in Italy, it is the first I've taken my Air 3 out of my own country.

(...Last year, we traveled to New Zealand and after some good help from fellow forum members, here, I came to the very sad conclusion that it wouldn't be worthwhile taking the drone there given how draconian and restrictive drone rules are in that country).

The Air 3 is certainly enhancing our enjoyment of this beautiful Mediterranean island, but I’m a bit puzzled about the panorama mode.

When I start a 180° panorama, the first thing the gimbal does is level out, then it proceeds to take as many vertical exposures above the horizon as it does below (in addition to the horizontal sweep, of course).

Thank you in advance for any replies.

MK
Does your Air 3 have a C1 CE label? Did it come with it when you purchased it presumably in Portugal?

Yeah to add to what Meta 4 says, I've heard that third party apps like Lichti has configurable panoramas. However it appears DJI isn't publishing SDKs for the drones released in the last couple of years so it appears you either shoot manually or crop after stitching in a program like Lightroom.

I visited Portugal in 2022, hoping to shoot around Cascais and Cabo da Roca. I got permissions from AAN.

But it got very windy when I was there, not too much blue sky either.

Then I went to Algarve and managed to shoot maybe once down there because it was also windy there.

Had some better luck shooting in Porto and Douro Valley.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jnymagnolia