DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Are there any locations that your Mavic acts weird ?

abadrs

Reactions
I have noticed that when flying from my house in a city that my Mavic sometimes completely disconects or I lose controller function. It also seems to drift when hovering at times even after a semi recent compass and IMU calibration. I was flying tonight and Mavic seemed to get a mind of its own and went max altitude and began to fly away with no control. (a bit unnerving to say the least) I did restart controller and regain control. Seems like this happens about every 20 flights or so from this location anyone else have this issue at a specific location?

I have weird things happen in a spot I go to a lot that has power transformers. If you look in the advanced menu of the aircraft settings in DJI Go you can see the compass interference in real time.

Normally for me interference is like between 5 and 15 but in this spot it goes up to 50-60 for both compasses.

It’s not enough to stop me from using this spot which is prime but I am aware of it and periodically check my compass

I have noticed that when flying from my house in a city that my Mavic sometimes completely disconects or I lose controller function. It also seems to drift when hovering at times even after a semi recent compass and IMU calibration. I was flying tonight and Mavic seemed to get a mind of its own and went max altitude and began to fly away with no control. (a bit unnerving to say the least) I did restart controller and regain control. Seems like this happens about every 20 flights or so from this location anyone else have this issue at a specific location?
DJI drones are just electro-mechanical devices and aren't going to act weirdly in some locations.
There's always a cause for anything they do.
If you think you have an incident, post flight data to find out what the issue might have been.

DJI drones are just electro-mechanical devices and aren't going to act weirdly in some locations.
If you think you have an incident, post flight data to find out what the issue might have been.
Well when I say act weird I know something is interfering with the signal, but it's only on rare occasion. But I will look at fight data to see if it's anything worth posting.

I watched flight record and the record ended a few seconds after I lost control. Basically ends with drone at max altitude (which I didn't tell it to do) and 350' or so from my house. Nothing in controller worked, including return to home. Drone began flying north at full speed toward home I shut down controller and restarted and it connected I then landed it.
I have uploaded flight log once but forgot how to do it. Refresh my memory and I'll upload it if you want to see it.

I have uploaded flight log once but forgot how to do it. Refresh my memory and I'll upload it if you want to see it.
Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report of the flight.
If you need help interpreting it, come back and post a link to the report it provides

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
instaproapk