DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Are there any problems with running Litchi by itself with the Mini 2?

AntoineD

Reactions
When I had a Mavic Pro, I was running Litchi, but if I remember correctly, I had to have DJI's app running as well, because Litchi 'piggybacked' on it.

I then got a Mini 2, and installed the Fly app. I crashed the drone and had to buy a replacement (just the drone, without the controller) and I tried it out yesterday for the first time. When I opened the Fly app, it didn't work, and it said there was a bug, so I uninstalled it. I don't have Internet access on the tablet I use with the drone, and therefore couldn't reinstall the Fly app, so I tried to use Litchi instead. I didn't think it would work without the Fly app running as well, but to my surprise, it did. But there was one thing I noticed: when in Cine mode, the drone still seemed to go too fast.

Which brings me to my question: are there any things you can only do with the Mini 2 if you have both Litchi and the Fly app running?

You remember incorrectly - Litchi is stand alone, for mavic pro and also mini 2

You only run one or the other . . .

Reactions: EyesWideShut
When I had a Mavic Pro, I was running Litchi, but if I remember correctly, I had to have DJI's app running as well, because Litchi 'piggybacked' on it.

I then got a Mini 2, and installed the Fly app. I crashed the drone and had to buy a replacement (just the drone, without the controller) and I tried it out yesterday for the first time. When I opened the Fly app, it didn't work, and it said there was a bug, so I uninstalled it. I don't have Internet access on the tablet I use with the drone, and therefore couldn't reinstall the Fly app, so I tried to use Litchi instead. I didn't think it would work without the Fly app running as well, but to my surprise, it did. But there was one thing I noticed: when in Cine mode, the drone still seemed to go too fast.

Which brings me to my question: are there any things you can only do with the Mini 2 if you have both Litchi and the Fly app running?
i fly my pros all the time with litchi did,n know i had to use go 4 with it, as a matter of fact i don,t believe they do. Litchi alone been working for better than 2000 miles

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHU