DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Are we getting a DJI FPV sub-forum?

Ian in London

Reactions
We have sub forums for the Osmo range; would be good if we had a dedicated DJI FPV section somewhere too.....

Ian

We have sub forums for the Osmo range; would be good if we had a dedicated DJI FPV section somewhere too.....

Ian
There is an entirely new forum since the FPV is not a Mavic series machine.
FPVDronePilots.com

Ian
Hence my recent post regarding the difficulties for the forum admins deciding how to manage the introduction of a product that bridges two drone 'genres', as such.

It doesn't exactly fit the Mavic forum, but neither does the Osmo, as you point out. And it doesn't exactly fit the FPVpilots forum either.

My guess would be they're discussing it and waiting to see how it all shakes out. That's what I'd do. It's a classic case of new technology disruption. Which is a nice problem to have.

Hence my recent post regarding the difficulties for the forum admins deciding how to manage the introduction of a product that bridges two drone 'genres', as such.

It doesn't exactly fit the Mavic forum, but neither does the Osmo, as you point out. And it doesn't exactly fit the FPVpilots forum either.

My guess would be they're discussing it and waiting to see how it all shakes out. That's what I'd do. It's a classic case of new technology disruption. Which is a nice problem to have.
See above:

There is an entirely new forum since the FPV is not a Mavic series machine.
FPVDronePilots.com
Thanks Thomas! Might be helpful to have a link somewhere prominent maybe? I was looking through all the sub-forums and only found posts on the 'general discussion' forum here...
Cheers and all the best
Ian

Thanks Thomas! Might be helpful to have a link somewhere prominent maybe? I was looking through all the sub-forums and only found posts on the 'general discussion' forum here...
Cheers and all the best
Ian
Isn't that funny..... been a member here for years and only just noticed the links to all the other forums at the bottom of each page.... :rolleyes:Sometimes you don't see things when they're right in front of you :)

Cheers
Ian

Sadly, these 'extra' forums do not get a lot of traffic ... at least that is what I found for the OsmoPilot forum (which I joined because I have a Osmo Pocket). Guess I'll sign up for the new FPVDronePilots forum as well, even though I do nt have an FPV. Will admit that the new DJI FPV is interesting, but likely will not purchase as it seems to not be very durable (according to most FPV pilots on YouTube).

PS: Hey ... Ian in London .. love your channel! Love your accent!

Reactions: Ian in London
Guess I'll sign up for the new FPVDronePilots forum...
Just FYI: the FPVDronePilots forum that's linked at the bottom of the page is not new. It's been around for years and while not as busy as MavicPilots, it gets a fair amount of traffic. It's not intended for any specific manufacturer. They have, however, recently added a sub-forum specifically for the DJI FPV Drone, which has been pretty active.

It was originally called DroneRacingPilots, but the name changed a little while ago due to many of the posts being about other types of FPV flying; such as freestyle.

Reactions: Ian in London
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepdark