DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Are you keeping all your drones or selling something to make room for the Mavic?

Are you selling off any aircraft to make room for the Mavic?

• Total voters
Sold my Yuneec Q5004K last april in anticipation on buying a yuneec H, the H never appealed to me.... But when I seen the Mavic, That was the one I wanted.

With a Vision+, P3 Pro, P3 Advanced, a pair of P3 Standards, & a P4, I decided to sell the P4 to make room for the Mavic. Selling the P4 was the best choice for me as it paid for the Mavic. As a fan of autonomous multi-bird missions, having several P3 aircraft on hand makes more sense as the P4 completes missions considerably faster than the P3 birds. I hated to sell the P4 but it was the right choice and the right time.
ET TU Dirty.... I wasn't sure you would go with the Phantom... Then again I think you had them all.. What was I thinking.

2 drones are hovering at a bar..

Mavic: 'Soz bro. I can do everything better than you.'
P4: 'Can you rescue me if I was stuck in a tree?'
Mavic: **lands and retracts arms and legs like turtle**..

Keeping my P3A for fishing and emergency beer can delivery.

Reactions: Dirty Bird
I just sold my Phantom 3 Standard with extra battery and $35 ebay case for $400.

I had a Phantom 3 Pro that I absolutely loved but sold it to upgrade to an Inspire 1. I flew the phantom 45 times in two months but only flew the Inspire 5 times in three months...

I liked the Phantom way more and I'm not a serious photographer so the setup and tear down of the Inspire every time I wanted to fly was a bother to me, never mind the 13 minute flight time and how much less portable it was.

I sold the Inspire for $400 more than I paid for it and ordered a Mavic with an extra battery, type C cable and an Osmo Mobile for my Girlfriend who is always with me taking videos with her phone as I fly the quad.

We went on vacation this year and the Inspire would have been way too big and bulky to carry around (especially the mountain climbing we done)

The mavic seems that it might be a great fit for the type of flying I do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I'm still trying to decide if I want to keep my Parrot Bebop 2. Although the quality, vid feed, movies, range are nowhere near my new Mavic...it was actually a bit more fun to fly with the quicker responses, adjustable yaw/bank/climb and ability to turn off image stabilization (to see the banking). My main issue is letting batteries just sit around.

I hear ya. I've got 4 drones, actually 6 if I count my 2 small "goof-around" drones with batteries 3 to 4 times that. What you mention is actually the one thing I keep an eye on are the batteries. My Inspire is probably the one drone that gets the least amount of use.

With all my drones I make sure I store the batteries with at least 50% capacity. I routinely (once a week) check the battery levels of all of them. If they fall much below 50%, I'l charge them back up to 50%. I've used Lipos for many, many, years starting out in R/C cars. Learned with proper care Lipos will last years.

I've considered selling one or two of them, but can't make myself part with any of them!

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I'm still trying to decide if I want to keep my Parrot Bebop 2. Although the quality, vid feed, movies, range are nowhere near my new Mavic...it was actually a bit more fun to fly with the quicker responses, adjustable yaw/bank/climb and ability to turn off image stabilization (to see the banking). My main issue is letting batteries just sit around.

I've never kept my old drones as I don't have time to fly all of them and they aren't as fun vs newer ones. So far I've sold my FC40, P3P x2, I1-X3 and X5R. I now have mavic pro and I2-X5S

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same, was never going to fly the P3P moving forward as its too much admin (relative to the mavic) So she went on craigslist and sold in 1 day for good money... likely when mavic 2 comes along I'll be doing exactly the same with the current one.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54