DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Arrival in Indonesia - Learning By Doing Ep 78

Vernon

Reactions
After a 7 day passage solo I was excited to arrive in the bustling port city of Sorong, Indonesia. It had been months since I'd had access to fast internet, supermarkets and restaurants. I met a local called John who helped me out with all the check-in authorities and showed me how things work in the city. I had to return to Europe for month for a photo shoot so I sailed over to a nearby island called Waiseiband put my boat in a safe harbour there.

After a 7 day passage solo I was excited to arrive in the bustling port city of Sorong, Indonesia. It had been months since I'd had access to fast internet, supermarkets and restaurants. I met a local called John who helped me out with all the check-in authorities and showed me how things work in the city. I had to return to Europe for month for a photo shoot so I sailed over to a nearby island called Waiseiband put my boat in a safe harbour there.

Stumbled upon your post nigh on 6 months after you posted it. I dived that location first in 2003 & again in 2007 before I had a drone. Wonderful underwater life, best coral reefs I've seen & I've seen a lot over the years. Hope to get out that way again before too long and am thinking of cancelling a proposed shark diving trip to the Bahamas in Jan 2020 because I've discovered the authorities there want a cash sum deposited with customs of 50% value of one's drone if one wants to fly there to discourage tourists selling their drones, which are highly import-taxed, to local Bahamians. For me that's $1000, which I'm concerned might not be returned on my exiting the country. Indonesia is much more understanding, so maybe "Goodbye Bahamas, Hello Indonesia". Nice video by the way!

Stumbled upon your post nigh on 6 months after you posted it. I dived that location first in 2003 & again in 2007 before I had a drone. Wonderful underwater life, best coral reefs I've seen & I've seen a lot over the years. Hope to get out that way again before too long and am thinking of cancelling a proposed shark diving trip to the Bahamas in Jan 2020 because I've discovered the authorities there want a cash sum deposited with customs of 50% value of one's drone if one wants to fly there to discourage tourists selling their drones, which are highly import-taxed, to local Bahamians. For me that's $1000, which I'm concerned might not be returned on my exiting the country. Indonesia is much more understanding, so maybe "Goodbye Bahamas, Hello Indonesia". Nice video by the way!
Ah wow, maybe not so much has changed here since you were last up here. Some more Homestays around maybe. Not many fish apart from at the well known dive locations.

Reactions: Scubadiver1944
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlafica