DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Arthritis Hands support?

Badgersurfer

Reactions
I currently have an MPP which I am expecting to replace with an MP2 next month but having they both use a similar controller and that there are many senior members like myself flying Mavics, I wonder if anyone has purchased or designed a neck strap that can take the load off my hands. I have mild arthritis which makes my hands weaker and they fatigue more rapidly . I also use a crystalsky ultra which is quite heavy. I am using a PGYTECH mount and made a polycarbonate clip to slot into it so I can mount it to my neck strap. The problem I have is that as the neck strap mounts to the front of the controller the weight is still loaded onto your hands as it is trying tilt forward. My normal RC transmitter mounts in the centre (CofG) so you don't get this problem. As the monitor is obstructing the controller I cannot directly mount to the CofG. Any ideas please?

Any chance you can add a photo so we can see your set up?
I too would like to suspend a Mavic type controller from a lanyard (for convenience's sake) but for reasons of balance, security, access or possible scratch damage, I am not comfortable with the methods I have seen so far in videos or advertising.
Incidentally the PGYTECH mount for a mavic type controller that I have seen (
) looks to have a sharp or rough edge to the hole where the lanyard attaches

Any chance you can add a photo so we can see your set up?
I too would like to suspend a Mavic type controller from a lanyard (for convenience's sake) but for reasons of balance, security, access or possible scratch damage, I am not comfortable with the methods I have seen so far in videos or advertising.
Incidentally the PGYTECH mount for a mavic type controller that I have seen (
) looks to have a sharp or rough edge to the hole where the lanyard attaches
Yep here is a picture. My neck strap is not the lanyard type. Ididn't like the look of that. Mine works extremely well and easy to attach but as I say I need to get the anchor point nearer the CofG., I think I may have t design one that has 2 clip attachments and a sort of bar that crosses nearer the centreline.

Attachments

• 20200603_114617.jpg
    20200603_114617.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 16
Thanks.
A tether running from the top rear of the 'tablet' to somewhere highish on the neckstrap perhaps?

Where, fore and aft wise, does the CoG lie?
With just a phone and my mini's controller it seems to be around the rear edge of the actual controller body but I'd imagine yours is well forward of that.
Looking at the controller I am wondering about gluing a strip of 10mm wide webbing to the bottom of the controller, forward of any C1 & C2 buttons that you might have but aft of the antenna. Each end of the strip being fitted with the appropriate size of the likes of these BLACK STRAP WEBBING SIDE RELEASE BUCKLES OR SLIDES OR DOG HOOKS | eBay

The 10mm version of those buckles is rather neat, I use them on my DSLR but I am not sure if they would be suitable for arthritic fingers, likewise sewing the buckle in place. I am not sure what glue would be appropriate but I may try an impact adhesive.

Having just had a quick lay up there appears to be two places where the strap could cross the underside of the controller as shown below, I also show a camera strap attached, via some snap buckles, to a harness of some sort. That's a M2P dummy controller.

Attachments

• 20200603_144348 c&p.jpg
    20200603_144348 c&p.jpg
    779.9 KB · Views: 10
Last edited by a moderator:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member