DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Artifacts and flickering when watching video on LED teve?

fredbjor

Reactions
Hi!

When we se our raw-4k-videos on our full hd television, som looks awfull. Specially scenes over water and scenes with lots of detalis, like a forrest or a blooming field.

I often use ND-filter, and I wonder if you who do not use them - have the same problems? My idea is that these videoproblems occur when the camera does not get light enough?

4K is problematic for a lot of devices. But, its also a big learning curve to set it up right. So, the issue then becomes how to determine if its your device or your set up. You might try a lower res to see if there is a change. There are a ton of videos on YouTube for setting up a cinematic video thats smooth.

Color: D-Cinelike
Video Size: 4K/24
Style: Sharpness: +2, Brightness: -2, Contrast: +0
White Balance: Sunny if its sunny, Cloudy if its cloudy etc (never auto)
ND Filter:32 on sunny days

4K is problematic for a lot of devices. But, its also a big learning curve to set it up right. So, the issue then becomes how to determine if its your device or your set up. You might try a lower res to see if there is a change. There are a ton of videos on YouTube for setting up a cinematic video thats smooth.

Color: D-Cinelike
Video Size: 4K/24
Style: Sharpness: +2, Brightness: -2, Contrast: +0
White Balance: Sunny if its sunny, Cloudy if its cloudy etc (never auto)
ND Filter:32 on sunny days

Hello!

Thanks! D-cinelike, instead of d-log? What softvare do you collorise with?

Yesterday I chat with support, and they gave same tips. I'm gonna use them today! Sunny and blu sky!

Hello!

Thanks! D-cinelike, instead of d-log? What softvare do you collorise with?

Yesterday I chat with support, and they gave same tips. I'm gonna use them today! Sunny and blu sky!

I boost color in the post editor.

Not sure about sharpness +2 but there is no right or wrong, and how you view footage makes as much difference as anything
If not doing any editing of colours later, d-log isn't the best choice.

To me cinelike always seems a bit odd colours - especially greens, you might find it looks better with saturation on -1.
I don't mind None with contrast and saturation both -1
Hi!

When we se our raw-4k-videos on our full hd television, som looks awfull. Specially scenes over water and scenes with lots of detalis, like a forrest or a blooming field.

I often use ND-filter, and I wonder if you who do not use them - have the same problems? My idea is that these videoproblems occur when the camera does not get light enough?

The ND filter may or may not cause problems, but make sure you aren't underexposing because the Mavic camera really doesn't like that.
In Auto set exposure to +0.3 or +.0.7
If it starts wanting to go above ISO100 take ND off or use a lighter one.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phoenix_00002