DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s Aruba

rainmakr

Reactions
Long time lurker, first time (I think)poster.

Just thought I'd share some pics from my trip to Aruba earlier this summer. I wanted to take my drone and wanted to be respectful of the local rules so did reach out to the local government for official approval.

Getting approval was relatively easy:
  • You can pretty much tell them the range of days you'll be on the island and where & when you think you might fly.
  • They require a local mobile phone number and they do call the phone prior to granting approval! A 7-day SIM card and ESIM can be purchased for about $30.
  • They ask that you call air traffic control when you begin & end your flight.
  • Max height is 200'.
I've had my drone for a couple of years but am still pretty new at this as I don't fly often. Had to get a couple of the obligatory straight-down shots. I was very surprised at how steady the Air2s was in the wind (usually around 20 mph). Also, in the photo looking inland, there is a cruise ship way off in the distance to the right of "Mount" Hooiberg.

Enjoy!

DJI_0076.jpg

DJI_0091.jpg
DJI_0125.jpg

DJI_0150.jpg
DJI_0154.jpg

drone approval.jpg

Nice photos!

Reactions: SpitFire
Long time lurker, first time (I think)poster.

Just thought I'd share some pics from my trip to Aruba earlier this summer. I wanted to take my drone and wanted to be respectful of the local rules so did reach out to the local government for official approval.

Getting approval was relatively easy:
  • You can pretty much tell them the range of days you'll be on the island and where & when you think you might fly.
  • They require a local mobile phone number and they do call the phone prior to granting approval! A 7-day SIM card and ESIM can be purchased for about $30.
  • They ask that you call air traffic control when you begin & end your flight.
  • Max height is 200'.
I've had my drone for a couple of years but am still pretty new at this as I don't fly often. Had to get a couple of the obligatory straight-down shots. I was very surprised at how steady the Air2s was in the wind (usually around 20 mph). Also, in the photo looking inland, there is a cruise ship way off in the distance to the right of "Mount" Hooiberg.

Enjoy!

View attachment 167758

View attachment 167759
View attachment 167760

View attachment 167762
View attachment 167763

View attachment 167765
Great! Nice shots and thank you for describing the approval process. I must admit a certain level of trepidation with regards to flying in other countries. This is encouraging!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas