DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

As I said I am a Newbie so don't get mad at all the questions.

Welcome to the forums.

Since you are looking for a dedicated device I would not suggest using a smartphone at all. Screen real estate is too small for old eyes.

Ipad mini version 2 works very well with DJIGO4 and also slides into the arms of the Remote Controller perfectly. One must open the arms on the controller all the way out and the Ipad Mini will slide in with a "friction" fit. So its a larger screen and can be installed and removed in a jiffy.

You may use an Ipad Mini with our without cellular service. The benefit you will have if using one with cellular service is to to be able to use functions that need your device to have a GPS chipset like the "follow me" feature within DJIGO4.

If you want more processing power then an Ipad Mini4 would be the way to go. It fits within the Remote Controller arms as well, but the Ipad Mini 2 works well. Many flyers here use this device.

Hi,
I started w/ IOS because Apple is suugested by DJI
This is going to dedicated to the drone use - no photos, no phone, nothing else.

Please answer the questions I posted; that will help me alot.
Thanks,
Tony

PS Got to leave computer for several hours - wife & I are going shopping, be back in a few hours.

There was only two questions... what phone and is Geofencing built in or seperate. If you are going to go with the iPhone, that answers the first question. Geofencing is built into the firmware/go app.

All apps will work with the iPhone. There is one the only works under iOS... I can' think of the name of it right now.

You were correct about all of your other statements.

You will be perfectly fine with an iPhone.

I'm looking at an ipad mini 2 someone is selling, are you referring to the 7" 16 GB version working with Go Proo4? I have never worked with Apple products.

Hi,
I started w/ IOS because Apple is suugested by DJI
This is going to dedicated to the drone use - no photos, no phone, nothing else.

Please answer the questions I posted; that will help me alot.
Thanks,
Tony

PS Got to leave computer for several hours - wife & I are going shopping, be back in a few hours.
My i6 worked great.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepdark