Assessment of drone flights near airports

sar104

Dic mihi solum facta, domina.
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
www.mavicpilots.com
Reactions: Johnmcl7 and Wilbur
No surprise there. Until there are visible, publicized enforcement actions taken against rogue operators, nothing will change. You can scream training, license, rules all you want. Until the public knows that severe consequences are the result, nothing will change.

No surprise there. Until there are visible, publicized enforcement actions taken against rogue operators, nothing will change. You can scream training, license, rules all you want. Until the public knows that severe consequences are the result, nothing will change.

And that's one reason the FAA is implementing tracking requirements because, without real tracking, they are hard to catch.

It is a pity that immature pilots force our government to take drastic actions (eventually). And there have been plenty of them on this forum as well, posting videos of flights over people and BVLOS. As a commercial drone pilot, I take these transgressions very seriously. And I would hope that those pilots on this site who blatantly post videos or brag about their stupid behaviors will be criticized by those of us who fly by the rules.

The abstract provides compelling evidence for the need to establish and enforce greater regulations on sUAV use. I did not realize the extent of unsafe flights and reckless behavior of so many. My thoughts until now were to just update the firmware and let me fly in my space as I have been but actions of "few" have made me rethink the entire hobbyist approach to flying.

Big biggest problem is uneducated pilots. Tom, **** and Harry run out buy a drone and just start flying, they don't know any of the rules and just think its ok . MFG's should be required to put big warning labels on the box. THIS AN AIRCRAFT CAN NOT BE FLOWN UNTIL REGISTERED WITH FAA or other countries authorities or some kind of warning so they know you just can buy it and fly it.

Not pretty....

Not pretty but not at all surprising.
The most alarming part is 44% above 500 ft agl.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
obanat