DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

assist with samsung galaxy s2 tablet

jimmyjack007

Reactions
I recently hooked up a Samsung galaxy s2 tablet to use with my mavic pro. I start up remote controller, then mavic, and finally dji go4app on tablet. I get a small flashing screen "open dji go4 when this usb accessory is connected?" screen contiinues to flash and app does not open. I have tried reloading the go4 app to no avail. I have tried different cords too. I am plugging into the standard usb port on bottom of controller. what's going on? my other device is a Samsung galaxy s5 fone and that works fine. any ideas??

did you remove cable from side of rc,can't have both plugged in at same time

From my experience using Android devices, you have to close all other apps first. If you have opened DJI GO (Not DJI GO 4) or Litchi before, you have to force stop it. You cannot have DJI GO (for products before P4) and DJI GO 4 running at the same time. One has to be force stopped. And you have to go into Default setting, remove default on DJI GO and/or Litchi. Then open DJI GO 4.

If you don't have DJI GO or Litchi, and your DJI GO 4 is still not opening, kill all apps, put in airplane mode, turn off your tablet. Turn on the controller, drone and turn on the tablet, open the app and the app should be able to pickup the signal from your Mavic.

It is a pain to get Android tablets to work with any DJI drones. Android phones may work ok imo. Trust me. I am an Android fan but for drone flying purpose, I bought an iPad just for that.

This is from my own experience, I had Samsung Tab S 10.5 and Tab S2 9.7. I was able to connect them to my drones including my Mavic; however, the video feed is extremely laggy. 6-10 sec lag may sound new to you but it is the fact and I am not exaggerating. I had tried all ways and combinations to lower the lag. No luck. I gave up and sold them and bought the iPad. The iPad is the best device I have ever used to fly my drones. I can have both DJI GO and DJI GO 4 running at the same time. I mean, it is just a pleasure to work with the iPad for drone flying. If you are serious about flying your drone and you can go with either iPad or Samsung Tab S2, I would suggest that you sell the Tab S2 and get a decent iPad. For the money that you get from selling your S2 on eBay, you would be able to get the iPad Air 2 or the new iPad 9.7 2017 or the iPad mini 3/4. iPad mini will fit into your controller arms. ipad air and 9.7" will require an adapter. If you decide to get the iPad, get the one with Cellular. You may not need Cellular on your tablet but Wifi + Cellular model iPads have GPS. Wifi only iPads don't have that.

Good luck.

I had the same problem with my Galaxy Tab A. Solved by starting the controller, hooking up the tablet, and then starting the tablet (if the tablet is already running then restart it). I then unfold the Mavic and start it. By the time the Mavic boots and connects the tablet is ready to log in. Then the GO 4 app will start and recognize the Mavic. I also run in airplane mode and have no other apps running. When finished flying I shutdown the tablet. This ensures that there are no background apps running that may drain the battery.

I don't know if this would help but try going into setting usb debugging

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman