DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Assistant 2 does better firmware update

bobjonesx

Reactions
I had some serious problems with my MPro being unstable in flight: it would drift horizontally with 0 control input and occasionally start drifting upward at an ever increasing rate (requiring full "down" control input to bring it back). All this even with allowing DJI Go 4 app to do its system check on startup and giving me the ok that firmware was updated and running properly.
It took some wrangling with DJI Tech Support, but one of the agents suggested that I check the firmware using Assistant 2.
And what do you know, As2 gave this error message:
"Firmware incompatibility detected between some modules and current device. Update your firmware? Confirm/Cancel"

Running "update" sent me back to version v01.04.0000. After a drone restart, I then updated to v01.04.0300, which as of today is listed as current.

Anyone else run into this? I am going to test more tomorrow to doublecheck the flight problems are cured....., let's hope.

"Firmware incompatibility detected between some modules and current device."
The way you describe it is that the problem is not with the Mavic but with the Remote Controller or the batteries...
I would check their status as well using Assistant 2...

I guess I wasn't clear. Said error message only appears when using Assistant 2, performing the update removes the problem. And the flight instability disappears as well. The RC shows no errors, although flight instability was a problem. Changing batteries does not affect this flight issue.
In other words, there was obvious flight instability, but it was only detected by As2.
Nothing in all the above would lead me to suspect the RC, especially as the problem now seems to be resolved. ;)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
instaproapk