DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Assistant 2 / Mavic Air / Should I download?

Thanks for that. So what could an owner do if they had to install it and were able to get it to run? How would you check and cleanse your system?
Typically, if you allowed trojans or other viruses or spamware to infestate your system, best way is to reformat and reinstall everything. Thete are ways, of course, to run other antivirus measures, but, well. Let's say it is one big PITA.

For this situation i personally going to wait for dji to sort out certificate on their software. My PC is 17 years clean :) and only way to maintain that is to follow same set of rules...

Typically, if you allowed trojans or other viruses or spamware to infestate your system, best way is to reformat and reinstall everything. Thete are ways, of course, to run other antivirus measures, but, well. Let's say it is one big PITA.

For this situation i personally going to wait for dji to sort out certificate on their software. My PC is 17 years clean :) and only way to maintain that is to follow same set of rules...

I agree. Thats your choice.

17 year old computer? Did it come with a 5.25 floppy? joking

Reactions: WAXMAN
On a Mac it warns you but will download it anyway if you tell the CPU to do so. You should run you protection on the file. The expired license only means DJI no longer pays the listed company. Software outlives these certificates commonly. Been watching this happen since the 1970’s.

Reactions: Former Member
Cough, VMWare Workstation , Cough ...

I run multiple flavors of operating systems using VMWare including Tiny 7 (stripped down version of windows 7), Basic Windows 7 install
, Windows 10 LTSB (Long Term Servicing Branch - again a stripped down version of the Windows 10 Operating system - No crap like Edge Browser, Cortana, Windows Store ,No Automatic Updates, etc). Multiple flavors of Linux including Mint, OpenSUSE

Do I disable Windows UAC- Hells ya!

I also run Malware , Spyware, and antivirus programs regularly (all with updated data files of course)

I dont recommend this approach to everyone unless you know what you are doing. You may receive an error message.
1552452468617.png

I want to download dji assistant 2 1.0.7 exe for windows 10. my mavic air controler is not recognized by dji assitance. found on the net few links that disappear. no longer available. It's all over the net that there are some beta drivers. I can not find it. if there is currently a solution to connect the controler with asistance 2. Thanks

Last night I downloaded and installed DJI Assistant 2 for Windows V1.2.4. My laptop is still running Windows 7 and there were no issues, other than the app would not connect to the drone until I removed the SD card from the bird. I got the app running and I'm a bit mystified as to the merits of this thing. It was able to display the current FW version and the older versions that look like they're still there in memory in case a downgrade is desired. Beyond that, what is this good for, other than backtracking to an earlier version? I already can check the current FW version via the controller.

The so-called Simulator mode is odd. What does this do?

With the DJI Assistant 2 Mavic, you have options to upload flight data, black box information, calibrate your vision sensors and upgrade your firmware.

LOL. Yeah just do a full backup of all of your data on your Windows 10 box. Then find a legit copy of Windows 7 and then just do a fresh install of the Windows 7 Operating system. Migrate all of your settings and data back. That should be a snap -right? That should solve the issue with DJI Assistant 2 on Windows 10. Laughable...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost