DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Assistant 2

QuadKid

Reactions
Just a quick question about DJI Assistant 2, went to calibrate the VPS on the Mavic, it connected fine, went into calibrate, window opened, Mavic is not outputting the red square to follow calibration procedures?

The reason is I got some "jello" in my videos today, this happened to me before and was able to cure it by calibrating IMU's, VPS & Compass, Tried calibrating the Gimbal and got "Gimbal Calibration Failed", flew it again and most of the video is OK, did get some jello at a higher altitude (150 ft.), below that the video is good.

It is not asking me to calibrate so I'm thinking it will not output the red frame as the Mavic isn't sensing that VPS calibration is required? Seems to me you should be able to calibrate anytime you want, or no?

Any Thoughts, or am I chasing something that is not required?

Any input much appreciated

Have you got VPS turned on in settings, and also VPS has no effect on the Gimbal or video nor does the VPS calibration.
Only the gimbal calibration does.
Have you checked to make sure thatvthe gimbal flotation board is seated properly and is under the back tab and resting on top of it. That all four rubbers are in place and none are broken.
Once you start getting gimbal calibration fails then start up gimbal fails (Gimbal initialize fail) then its a sure sigh your gimbal motor flex is starting to crack from fatigue where it leaves gimbal at big loop and will need replacing.

Reactions: Jimmie Hanson
Have you got VPS turned on in settings, and also VPS has no effect on the Gimbal or video nor does the VPS calibration.
Only the gimbal calibration does.
Have you checked to make sure thatvthe gimbal flotation board is seated properly and is under the back tab and resting on top of it. That all four rubbers are in place and none are broken.
Once you start getting gimbal calibration fails then start up gimbal fails (Gimbal initialize fail) then its a sure sigh your gimbal motor flex is starting to crack from fatigue where it leaves gimbal at big loop and will need replacing.
Checked all the rubbers, Start up gimbal check is working OK, will check settings for VPS, Thanks

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661