DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Assistant 2

JJROCKETDOG

Reactions
Hello guys,

I just got my Mavic yesterday, and it works great.
But today I noticed it starts to drift, I contacted DJI and they recommended me to a VPS calibration. I figured this would be a piece of cake.
My problem is I get to the third calibration and it tells me to put in a screen size. I put in 32, and then I hit calibrate and nothing pops up.
I've restarted, disabled driver signature enforcement, changed to 1600 x 900, uninstalled, reinstalled, driver updates and nothing works.
If anyone knows anything please help, its getting tedious.
(Picture of the screen size message attached below)

Attachments

• 235a7780be7358634fbd6f9d0b271861.png
    235a7780be7358634fbd6f9d0b271861.png
    14.6 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
I think you need to use a 1080p screen res for it to work

This is a fairly common problem. Mine would not calibrate on either of two desktop computers, but finally did work on my laptop. Try another computer or monitor.

I have seen talk that it has to be at least a certain size screen, 19"+ maybe? I used my 27" and it worked as expected.

I am currently trying to use my brothers 17'" laptop (Win 8 I think?). I'll update what happens. Thanks for the help so far.

The drifting your getting is this inside or outside while hovering ?

If your inside, you need to make the room super bright for VPS to work, also you won't have GPS inside.

If the issue is outside, I'd look to doing a IMU calibration on a perfectly flat surface

Alright im back to square one, his laptop has a crack in the middle and it wont recognize it, should of figured. The drifting is in both, im going to do the IMU Calibration now I guess, will have to wait till tomorrow to see if it fixes anything. I just figured I would do the VPS first.

Well I may of just messed something up, just went into the app and got "Forward vision sensor calibration error. Precision Hovering and Obstacle Avoidance may fail" and "Vision system recalibration is required"

I just did the manual forward vision calibration. I had trouble with it. took me forever standing there moving the device in a square pattern. i tried a bunch of different surfaces and kept getting ambient light error. I eventually went back inside and did it over carpet powered the machine off then on again and it seemed to fix it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehj147