DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Asteroid mode and video

KTM Junkie

Reactions
Good evening all, I have a Mavic 2 Pro with a smart controller. Today while using Asteroid mode , I could see everything on the screen but cant find it on the memory card or drone memory , I thought video started automaticly. Ive used this mode before and sometimes the video is in reverse, starts with the globe shot and ends by me?? is this something im not doing or doing wrong. when i play vidoe back plugged into my laptop its all juddery on the new TV its fine, what spec do i need on my laptop to play 4K video ?

sounds like you need to check your settings in the app ,you will need a fast enough processor in you computer to play back 4K video , unless you are doing a lot of post production to your video, you would be better off recording in 10-80 p at 30 fps then all the judder would be gone

Good evening all, I have a Mavic 2 Pro with a smart controller. Today while using Asteroid mode , I could see everything on the screen but cant find it on the memory card or drone memory , I thought video started automaticly. Ive used this mode before and sometimes the video is in reverse, starts with the globe shot and ends by me?? is this something im not doing or doing wrong. when i play vidoe back plugged into my laptop its all juddery on the new TV its fine, what spec do i need on my laptop to play 4K video ?
Sounds like your laptop lacks either the processing power (CPU and/or video card and VRAM) or your player is not powerful enough

My son works for Intel... for my drone videos he recommended i5 chip min and multicore is possible, and the hottest video card My system would take. Doesn’t need to be a new computer... I have zero difficulty with my 4 & 1/2 y/o iMac.

I switched to NVidia 1050 series. I forgot what I had before that which was passable, but older model than 1050.

Also; if you are using Adobe Premiere, you can set your play-back to Full, 1/2, 1/4, and for some videos, even 1/8 or 1/16th of the original quality. It may be really blurry, but its real-time speed.
premiere-preview.jpg
One other thing you can do is in the 'Sequence' drop-down menu, do a 'Render In to Out'. This will take a while to complete, but once its done, you can preview the video on the timeline at 'Full' quality in real-time.

I run i5-6400 quad core 2.7 ghz 16gb cheap 128gb nvida Get a ssd drive instead of a standard hard drive.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22