DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Attaching new device to Remote

Lee5168

Reactions
Hi folks, I,m a newbie. And worse, I'm not young either. And even worse I'm totally unfamiliar with smart phones and other android devices. I am an extremely competent Windows user and that has helped but, boy, it's been a steep learning curve. I've found the forum particularly useful and thank all of those people who contribute wisely to it.
I'm hoping you can help me on what I expect is a very very simple question but one that at my level of understanding is totally beyond me.
Having had all sorts of grief getting out of beginner mode and calibrating etc (I do wish the manual was more instructive) I have succeeded in flying perfectly out of beginner mode, taking excellent video etc but my very cheap smart phone is not up to the task.
I have borrowed a tablet which might work (it's some sort of generic one distributed by Telstra) but the app loaded quickly and so I'm positive.
What I'd like to know is when I connect this new device to the remote will all the settings that I've achieved with some grief disappear or will the app pick them up from the remote (which is what I'm hoping)?
Kind Regards from Adelaide South Australia

Most settings come from the aircraft itself. A few need to be set in the app like units, what you want to see on screen, etc.

Reactions: dawgpilot
Hey friend, Actually when you replacing a device with newer one, Then the Activities that involved with old devices have to be updated. Sometime Remote Software automatically connect the device it thinks are required in an Activity Or you can simply click the Update Remote to sync your remote

Hi folks, I,m a newbie. And worse, I'm not young either. And even worse I'm totally unfamiliar with smart phones and other android devices. I am an extremely competent Windows user and that has helped but, boy, it's been a steep learning curve. I've found the forum particularly useful and thank all of those people who contribute wisely to it.
I'm hoping you can help me on what I expect is a very very simple question but one that at my level of understanding is totally beyond me.
Having had all sorts of grief getting out of beginner mode and calibrating etc (I do wish the manual was more instructive) I have succeeded in flying perfectly out of beginner mode, taking excellent video etc but my very cheap smart phone is not up to the task.
I have borrowed a tablet which might work (it's some sort of generic one distributed by Telstra) but the app loaded quickly and so I'm positive.
What I'd like to know is when I connect this new device to the remote will all the settings that I've achieved with some grief disappear or will the app pick them up from the remote (which is what I'm hoping)?
Kind Regards from Adelaide South Australia
DID YOU BY CHANCE FIND THE CONTROLLER?

i was asking if he/she found a controller. im from adelaide and lost one a few days before he/she signed up to this site. I wasnt being rude just a question.

i was asking if he/she found a controller. im from adelaide and lost one a few days before he/she signed up to this site. I wasnt being rude just a question.
i also lost it with my iphone attached to it

OK and not gonna ask how you did that but here we don't just jump in a thread like you did but message them .
Sorry OP we now back on topic .

Sadly, dashone I didn't find your controller.
I found mine at JB Hi-Fi at a reduced price in the week before they released the new model.

And since my original post things have improved very, very significantly.
I threw away my very cheap smart phone and replaced it with a tablet that my daughter-in-law got with her latest Telstra package for "free".

I do have the name and the specifications if anyone is really interested but my message is .....It works perfectly....... Fantastically.
No need for a $1000 iP anything here.
What I mean is iPhone, iPad and iCrap etc.

I built my own shroud (so that I can see the screen) from a few bits of cardboard (most of which came from the packaging from the Mavic).

So here's some very genuine advice from a very, very old Mavic user.
You don't need an expensive smart phone or expensive tablet /pad to run the app.
You need an expensive something only to keep up with ....well... in Australia we call them "the Jones'" but you might convert that to friends, peer group, advertising, the neighbours or something else.

Kind Regards to all Mavic Pilots

Leigh

i was asking if he/she found a controller. im from adelaide and lost one a few days before he/she signed up to this site.
The original post wasn't even about a new controller at all but about a different mobile device...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d