DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Atti-Mode and Directional Attitude

High View

Reactions
I want to get better flying in Atti mode. I have learned that when well within line of sight, it is difficult to quickly determine the drone’s directional attitude.

Questions: If I establish a Home Point while in Normal/Positioning Mode, then switch to Atti Mode, will I still see, on the map, which way the nose is pointing?

Will the Home Point still show?

I’ve read that I can use the DJI Assistant to replace Sport Mode with Atti Mode.

Has anyone done this? Worth the effort?

I want to get better flying in Atti mode. I have learned that when well within line of sight, it is difficult to quickly determine the drone’s directional attitude.
The app has an orientation indicator that gives you this information at any distance.
Questions: If I establish a Home Point while in Normal/Positioning Mode, then switch to Atti Mode, will I still see, on the map, which way the nose is pointing?

If you select Atti Mode, the GPS is still working and the app knows the position of teh drone and home point at all times.
But the flight controller doesn't use GPS for horizontal position holding.

If you select Atti Mode, the GPS is still working and the app knows the position of teh drone and home point at all times.

Aaaah, but I think if the drone switches to atti mode on its own due to a problem or poor GPS signal, then the app will not know its position properly and that is what many drone operators train in atti mode for. But of course this was not the question...

I’ve read that I can use the DJI Assistant to replace Sport Mode with Atti Mode.

Has anyone done this? Worth the effort?
This video is for a different aircraft, but works with all types of RC aircraft for determining aircraft attitude at a distance where it is too small to readily see which direction the aircraft is facing.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The author of the video has many years experience as an RC pilot and is a member of this forum.

Reactions: wa2ios

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erpator