DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ATTN YUMA AZ! Missing Person, Help needed!

RobP62

Reactions
Hello,
I am posting this thread to reach out to the community for help. I am also a member of the TacomaWorld.com forum and one of our members has gone missing in the Yuma Arizona area and I said I would post over here to see if anyone in the area could possibly try to help.

The link to the thread over there is below. If you want me to convey a message I can post for you. I will post the link to this thread over there as well and could possibly act as a go-between both threads.

ATTN YUMA AZ! Missing Person, Help needed!

This is the location that the SAR team found his rental car:

Google Maps

More info to follow.

Thank you,
Rob

Update,

This is the most recent post from the wife, Leah, of the missing man on the TacomaWorld forum:

"Thank you so much! His name is Nathan Hughes. He would have gone between 5-7miles from where he parked, which I posted earlier (note - this would be the link above). There’s some helos with IR and Infared flying around. Fingers crossed they spot something soon. I was told by SAR that I wouldn’t probably hear anything for a few hours due to cell service. But I just got a call from the USMC helo guys who think they will find him soon."

I have told Leah that if any one of you wants to help and wants to get in touch with her directly to let me know and I will acquire her personal information, then PM you with it or PM Leah with your info.

We are spreading the word on FB and on other forums.

Thank you very much.
Rob

Here's hoping he's found safe.

I'd suggest that anyone wishing to help coordinates with any existing official SAR efforts. Not a good idea for Joe Blow to go out and fly around an area where other drones and helos might be searching.

Reactions: ted35
Thank you @microlinux for your well wishes.

Yes, I agree 100% and have asked that if anyone wants to help to contact the appropriate authorities in the area. I will also put whoever wants to help in touch with the wife of the missing man. She is a military officer and is in direct contact with the SAR teams.

Again - No one should take it upon themselves to help without first contacting the authorities.

Thank you,
Rob

Thank you @microlinux for your well wishes.

Yes, I agree 100% and have asked that if anyone wants to help to contact the appropriate authorities in the area. I will also put whoever wants to help in touch with the wife of the missing man. She is a military officer and is in direct contact with the SAR teams.

Again - No one should take it upon themselves to help without first contacting the authorities.

Thank you,
Rob

Rob,

Can you send me (PM if desired) the local contact #'s for someone who wants to reach out and help?

I'll pass these along to our National sUAS SAR group and see if anyone can assist. I belong to a couple of different groups and I'll be more than happy to pass the details along.

Allen

Allen,
Thank you so much, this is really gaining momentum.

I will reach out to the wife, Leah, of the missing man, Nathan Hughes and ask her to provide me with her contact information, or the contact information of a representative. I'm sure she is extremely involves as she is a military officer and the military is involved.

Thank you again,
Rob

From the other thread:

Thank you Sir, you're a godsend!

As I've stated previously, and as we all know, no one should take it upon themselves to help without first contacting the local authorities.

Thank you again!
Rob

No worry about that with our group. We operate within the IC system and do NOT self deploy... period. That's why we request contact info for the local Incident Command/Law Enforcement/Agency etc to reach out and "offer" services. This isn't a "Hobby Endeavor" and we understand what's involved and how to integrate within the system.

I'm just hoping someone in our group is local and can assist. We have a fairly large network but sadly we do not have 100% coverage.... at least not yet.

Allen,
I would expect no less. I just wanted to point out that I am not suggesting anyone involve themselves without the training, and organization background you've outlined above.

Thank you though, I am sure any help is greatly appreciated considering the terrain and situation.

Rob

Rob I've relayed the information "up the chain" and hopefully this will get the right people in contact with the right people and get something started.

Here's prayers and God Speed for any family, friends, helpers involved in this endeavor.

Reactions: RobP62
All,
Thank you all for your time, and help. This was just posted on the forum from a spokesperson...........

"Leah has given me permission to post on her behalf.

She received message from the medical examiner that they found his body earlier today and confirmed he meets the description. Had the rental car keys, his knife and watch, and the same copper shorts he was wearing. Full details are not available at the time.

Leah requests privacy and no messages at this time. Please just send up prayers and positive thoughts for her during this time.

Thank you."

Hopefully his family can get some closure and peace now with this news.

Sending prayers for the family.

Allen

Thank you Allen. It's a very sad outcome. I appreciate your kind words. Thank you again.
Rob
I am sorry to learn that Nathan did not make it out alive. The desert in AZ is totally unforgiving at this time of year. 110' is the norm and in the Yuma area it will be higher. May I ask what was Nathans purpose to be out in such difficult conditions?

I am sorry to learn that Nathan did not make it out alive. The desert in AZ is totally unforgiving at this time of year. 110' is the norm and in the Yuma area it will be higher. May I ask what was Nathans purpose to be out in such difficult conditions?
Thank you for your kind words.

Honestly, I believe he was there just hiking. We've still not heard anything definitive from anyone on the forum.

If I ever hear anything I'll come back and post up.
Thanks,
Rob

Reactions: BigAl07

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada