DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Australia - Sphere Drones Skydio / Elios / other presentation

Sphere Drones send me their usual emails, but this latest one is interesting.
Demos of Skydio autonomous, Elios confined spaces, Subsea ROVs, and more.

Coming up soon in Adelaide, Melbourne, Hobart, Brisbane.

Skydio Demo Days

No cost to attend.
Are you going MSO? As always NT misses out.
Regards

Are you going MSO? As always NT misses out.
Regards

Maybe . . .
Have sent an inquiry asking how long the session is, starts 1045, might be too busy as it's this Thurs.
Would be really interesting though, so might make an extra effort.
Only a 15 min drove from home.

Yeah, a shame they can't do Darwin . . . and we usually miss out on these things here too !
Strangely this time though, while there's already been one held in Perth (today), there isn't one planned for Sydney, which is odd.

Reactions: Gagey52
I booked in for the Brisbane demo
I already gave the Skydio 2 Enterprise kit , and have a few questions so hopefully itll be worthwhile

Am I correct that for the Brisbane date, the venue is currently TBA? Leaving it a bit late.

Looks like it.
Typically it looks like a sports ground is the ideal venue, with larger demo rooms available, and an oval for outdoor use.

Maybe drop them an inquiry and check, they probably do have a spot lined up but haven't updated the Eventbrite page (or forgotten).
First thing I asked was is it still happening, and if so times etc.

The booking thing is 100% free, no sneaky booking charge by the event website place.

Reactions: 4006448
Got an update email yesterday from Sphere advising earlier start time of 0900, for more thorough Skydio demo.
So some of the organising is a little lax, but hey, it should be an interesting 4 hrs and somethings to learn.

Sorry for lack of follow up, been pretty busy, the next city event wasn't until this Monday in Melbourne, and I was slightly hesitant to post a non glowing event review.
While the Sphere Drones emails and website etc are usually really informative and helpful, this event left me a little underwhelmed.

The audio / visual were underrated for what was needed.
Visual aid (tv maybe 30" max) wasn't useful at all for their presentation slides.
Audio, none. Small room, awful acoustics, one speaker obviously had a good presentation voice, others not so good.
The large commercial kettle type thing at the back boiling every 10 minutes didn't help with the background noise it made.

Ok, my eyes are needing the glasses, and hearing is shot (apart from new cochlear and HA providing some great benefit), and audio / visual may have been included in the room hire, so maybe out of their control somewhat.

Skydio cleared out as soon as they had their spiel 0900 - ~ 1000, shame they didn't do at least a little indoor demo of the Skydio2+ and or X2.
Very nice advanced models.
The Skydio 2+ enterprise has some very powerful software for mapping / 3D modelling.

Sphere then went onto talk mostly about the Flyability Elios 3, Yellowscan payloads (lidar) for various applications.

There was to be an outdoor demo, but with light showers coming through that was abandoned.
This would have made the morning a lot more interesting for sure.

Overall, I came away feeling that I could have gotten the info from the morning on their website, which covers all the above well.

Was still happy to attend to gauge local interest in that level of industry needs, including myself and my wife, there were 12 attendees.

Reactions: Gagey52
Thanks for your insight. Im wondering if i should be spending a morning on this now.

Thanks for your insight. Im wondering if i should be spending a morning on this now.

Why I was hesitant about reporting how I really felt . . . BUT the Brissy venue might be more suitable, audio / visual up to the mark, weather better for demos outdoors, etc.

Might be a networking opportunity in there for you too.

Yea. I have been talking to a few of them over the last year or so, so i really wanted the opportunity to put names to faces

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PhilTone