DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Australian Pricing Mavic Air 2

Samjamesaus

Reactions
Hi I am a new Mavic Air owner and definite fan. I have an Aosenma CG 35 which has been a pretty good drone over the last 4 years. I am interested in buying a Mavic Air 2. In the US it costs US$988 for a combo version. Great value - that translates to about A$1400. They sell here for A$1899 and from the DJI shop at the same quoted price. Can anyone explain the approximate A$500price difference? I have a daughter working in LA but I’m not sure if the US version with its plane recognition software would operate as well in Australia. I’m pretty sure it would and the only issue is whether the charger is adaptable to our 240 volt system. Thanks

Hi there has been some previous discussion whether the ads-b will work outside the US..IMO it should as it only recieves data from the aircraft, other opinions differ. If your daughter can ship it to you with a lower declared value to skip GST then it would be a bargain. I would suggest she unpack it and say its used....only issue will be if you have a warranty claim it will have to go back to the states. If you do get it you can let us know whether the ADS-B works :cool:
PS charger voltage wont be a issue just will need adapter

You might get custom duty and gst and need to use a customs broker for clearance as it's above 1000 aud
After adding up all the costs of fees, taxes, shipping costs and shipping insurance you might find that your close to local prices

As mentioned by juggler, the main thing with DJI is warranty is country specific, so for a warranty claim you would need to send it back to the states.
I learnt a while back to buy locally for big ticket items that may need a warranty return, it saves a lot of hassle when the drone is DOA.

You might be able to circumvent the location of the warranty if you activate it in Australia, but the serial number might show it to be a US AC

Last edited:
You might get custom duty and gst and need to use a customs broker for clearance as it's above 1000 aud
After adding up all the costs of fees, taxes, shipping costs and shipping insurance you might find that your close to local prices

The main thing with DJI is warranty is country specific, so for a warranty claim you would need to send it back to the states.
I learnt a while back to buy locally for big ticket items that may need a warranty return, it saves a lot of hassle when the drone is DOA

Thank you both. Iannes and Juggler. I’ll take that advice on board. I wondered if the Drone replacement insurance would be covered if I had my daughter buy it and bring it over and then I crashed it. Sending a drone to and from the states for warranty would be pricey. If she could bring it back used then I think it would be under the duty free limits for her and her husband. I’ll keep on investigating. Meanwhile I’m enjoying my Mavic Air. Thanks again

As well, an easy beginning point to explain the cost difference. The USD vs AUD values against the chinese yuan. USD is 7 while the aud is 4...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000