DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Autel Evo II discontinued (at least in current form)!

vindibona1

Reactions
Democratic Peoples Republic of Crook County
I got the following email from Drone Nerds who still have the EVO II in stock, but thought the following was extremely interesting. I think Autel will take the opportunity to strengthen the few weaknesses of it's UAV. Definitely a defining moment for Autel. I hope they succeed as they will be up against whatever DJI comes out with the DJI Pro 3 or whatever they call it. I'd love to have a really good drone outside of the DJI ecosystem.

Autel V2 Product Announcement​

Dear Supporters,
In order to stay true to Autel Robotics’ commitment to transparency, this notice is to inform you of a few changes coming as a result of the well- documented global chip shortage.
Due to the shortage, we will be unable to produce more of the current version of our EVO II platforms, Smart Controllers, and Live Deck. As a result, we will be releasing a second version of these platforms in the upcoming months
. Unfortunately, this means Version 1 aircraft will not work with Version 2 controllers and vice versa, although batteries will remain cross-compatible.
Though brought on by necessity, this change gives us an opportunity to improve on our product. The new version will provide increased transmission stability, significantly enhancing the user experience. It will also enable us to create a more sustainable supply chain so we can continue to get our tools into the hands of those who rely on them.
With this new development in mind, only a limited number of Version 1 Smart Controllers will be manufactured. These will be distributed on a first come, first served basis. If you have any further questions, please reach out to our team at [email protected].
Thank you for your support and understanding. We will do our best to remedy the situation as quickly as possible.

Interesting : They got the new CEO and he has made some quick decisions , i hope they do away with the Only orange model.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your EVO 2 In the Rain.

Last edited:
Ok.. So Drone Nerds was advertising that they still have EVO II's in stock. But knowing there will be no cross compatibility of controllers will this impact sales of the older model? Will there be discounts based on the discontinuation?

I'm glad I bought 2 of the EVO2s. I own a 6k version and have an 8k version for daylight shooting. In my opinion, the EVO2s are way better than the Mavic 2 series, except for their flight chracteristics, but everything else is much mor andvanced than the Mav2. The flight chaacteristics of the EVO2 are different, i think, because it's so much heavier. It just takes a couple of weeks to get used to it's weight. It can lift almost twice as much weight as a mavic2. The evo's are extremely powerful.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minicopters