DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Autel Evo release date set, reviews already up.

Do you really think the eu will let autell go with no geo fencing I can tell you now that's probably what's holding up the eu release

They'll never let a drone company just sell drones to customer's to do what they please and fly about everywhere. I really hope it's true because djis drones are getting really restricted with all these nfz crap.

Reactions: Drgnfli
in the USA we're accustomed to a bit more freedom than the EU, and will stand for less infringement upon it. i haven't been able to find the numbers, but i would imagine USA sales account for a large portion of DJIs revenue stream.

here's all they have to do to protect their company:

NOTICE: YOU APPEAR TO BE FLYING IN A NFZ. OBEY LOCAL LAWS. DJI IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACTIONS OF THE OPERATOR.
NOTICE: YOU APPEAR TO BE FLYING ABOVE THE LEAGAL ALTITUDE LIMIT. DJI IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACTIONS OF THE OPERATOR.
etc ...

Just finished charting with autel, 900mhz was scrapped because they want to sell in Europe and that signal is used there for emergency services.
They claim 7km on the 2.4mhz
DJI makes a good product, and they sell a LOT of them, but their communistic business practices have, and will continue to displease people. when (not if) enough people become displeased with ridiculous NFZ, crappy customer service, warranty denials, etc ... SOMEBODY will step up as the "kinder, gentler drone manufacturer" and, yes, be a threat to DJI.
fair enough. Just hope nobody is holding their breath while that transition happens

I saw one of Dobo's videos on the Evo. Looking at that horizon tilt reminds me of the mavic's in early days with horizon tilt. Mine still does this so I dont think the issues is resolved. Depending on the day can remain perfectly level or tilt like crazy. My MA on the other hand, I can yaw it 360 constantly and it never loses level.

Mavic also uses 2.4mhz band. Wifi is a protocol (how the data is transferred) not the radio frequency used.

2.4Ghz is one of the many ISM bands. Ocusync used in the Mavic is based on Wifi (802.11n) however heavily modified with all the bells and whistles we see (multiple controllers, goggles), variable channel width (10-20Mhz) and dynamic frequency selection. Be keen to see what tricks Autel have on the RF side of things for the EVO. [email protected] is very difficult to achieve in an urban setting without all the tricks DJI use in Ocusync.

Last edited:
DJI makes a good product, and they sell a LOT of them, but their communistic business practices have, and will continue to displease people. when (not if) enough people become displeased with ridiculous NFZ, crappy customer service, warranty denials, etc ... SOMEBODY will step up as the "kinder, gentler drone manufacturer" and, yes, be a threat to DJI.

Their customer service has driven me to both frustration and to look for an alternative. This will definitely be my next drone.

I have no idea, too many false starts but when you start putting out dates, THAT is another story (Hoping you can sense the leg tug and the smile)

This place is addictive but that is of no surprise to anyone. So much information to try to soak up. I really should get off my dead and go fly and try to put some of this information to use. OK, I remember why I don't, it's past about 10:00am.

Screenshot_20180620-143146_WeatherBug.jpg

It is a tad warm but the humidity makes it quite livable. I bet the batteries would pitch a hissy fit.

Reactions: dirkclod
This guy could say this about it, that guy can say that but in a nutshell it's what I like about it. Does it float my boat? Yes it does... so lm in......

Reactions: Dizzy1971
NOTICE: YOU APPEAR TO BE FLYING IN A NFZ. OBEY LOCAL LAWS. DJI IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACTIONS OF THE OPERATOR.
NOTICE: YOU APPEAR TO BE FLYING ABOVE THE LEAGAL ALTITUDE LIMIT. DJI IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACTIONS OF THE OPERATOR.
etc ...

Works great until the knuckle draggers ignore that message and fly it somewhere banned and cause damage. Then potential negligence and other legal avenues against the company for displaying but still allowing illegal activity.
Most countries i can think of a simple disclaimer like that is 100% invalid legally.

Warnings work well if you're dealing with grown ups but sadly the drone community has a fair few that don't act like adults.

Works great until the knuckle draggers ignore that message and fly it somewhere banned and cause damage. Then potential negligence and other legal avenues against the company for displaying but still allowing illegal activity.
Most countries i can think of a simple disclaimer like that is 100% invalid legally.

Warnings work well if you're dealing with grown ups but sadly the drone community has a fair few that don't act like adults.
Certainly if you’re living in the USA,warnings mean nothing,one can sue companies for not protecting their customers from themselves. Welcome to the millennial world where everyone is responsible for the stupid being stupid...except the stupid.
I just want to see the evo. Fly the evo, and see how it holds against my mp.

Reactions: silverdragon
Do u really believe that the evo is a “threat” to djis’ market share? It seems to me that dji makes quite good products and they have a good deal of saturation in the market. I think that autel would really have to have a stunningly reliable and performance product,not to mention a much lower price point,to unseat dji. However,good for autel! If their product does anything better than dji,for a better price....ma6be they will grab a sliver of the pie. I’m just a bit doubtful.
Your opinion is kind of reminiscent of what US car manufacturers thought about that little known car maker called Honda in the late 60's...:)

DJI has so antagonized many of its followers that they may sown the seeds of their own downfall.... if Autel remains true to their word, just the fact that Autel doesn't impose built-in flight restrictions on the EVO is reason enough for many long time DJI fans to give Autel a chance.

Still got my original DJI Phantom (P1) but there's a new kid on the block...

Your opinion is kind of reminiscent of what US car manufacturers thought about that little known car maker called Honda in the late 60's...:)

DJI has so antagonized many of its followers that they may sown the seeds of their own downfall.... if Autel remains true to their word, just the fact that Autel doesn't impose built-in flight restrictions on the EVO is reason enough for many long time DJI fans to give Autel a chance.

Still got my original DJI Phantom (P1) but there's a new kid on the block...
Fair enough. Somehow I doubt that dji will have the same lack of response to their competition that American car companies had to Honda. Having said that,I do think the evo has some appeal exactly for the reasons you mention. Hopefully it’s a great quad and doesn’t get crushed under the dji mass marketing machine. I do still love my MP though....

Reactions: DJI27
If they live up to their own hype/marketing, excellent, another drone and competition always moves innovation. Good on them. I’ll get one.

Chinese bashing? Seriously? It’s a bit stale. Chinese products/customer services are hit and miss, as with all countries. I work in a major French tech/telecom company, so I know. Maybe they have more bad publicity, due to sheer size and a bit of unconscious nationalism/racism?

Who cares about DJI sending stuff back to China, the NSA and multiple other agencies already own your buttocks. Chine will rule the world, just when, not if. Start brushing up on your mandarin or start crying. As Gulfoyle semi-says, “better to get on with the overlord now, so they spare you when they rule.”

Also, I like Hondas, and Toyotas for that matter, extremely reliable jones. As do I like some Chevies and Fords. Whatever, what’s good is good. Screw imaginary countries.

Xièxiè, zàijiàn

Fair enough. Somehow I doubt that dji will have the same lack of response to their competition that American car companies had to Honda. Having said that,I do think the evo has some appeal exactly for the reasons you mention. Hopefully it’s a great quad and doesn’t get crushed under the dji mass marketing machine. I do still love my MP though....
David and Goliath stories usually play out one way but when the unexpected happens you gotta cheer at the little guys chutzpah...

Too bad Autel is not a publicly traded company... would love to have bought some of their stock.... contrarian investing has been good to me.

If they live up to their own hype/marketing, excellent, another drone and competition always moves innovation. Good on them. I’ll get one.

Chinese bashing? Seriously? It’s a bit stale. Chinese products/customer services are hit and miss, as with all countries. I work in a major French tech/telecom company, so I know. Maybe they have more bad publicity, due to sheer size and a bit of unconscious nationalism/racism?

Who cares about DJI sending stuff back to China, the NSA and multiple other agencies already own your buttocks. Chine will rule the world, just when, not if. Start brushing up on your mandarin or start crying. As Gulfoyle semi-says, “better to get on with the overlord now, so they spare you when they rule.”

Also, I like Hondas, and Toyotas for that matter, extremely reliable jones. As do I like some Chevies and Fords. Whatever, what’s good is good. Screw imaginary countries.

Xièxiè, zàijiàn
Who was Chinese bashing? I missed that part. I won’t brush up on my mandarin ..or cry...too complex and I’m getting old... .I like my Toyota as well....just wondering what your point is. I don’t think anyone was “chinese bashing”...we all own mavic pros..so we can’t be THAT anti-Chinese ...just sayin.

Do u really believe that the evo is a “threat” to djis’ market share? It seems to me that dji makes quite good products and they have a good deal of saturation in the market. I think that autel would really have to have a stunningly reliable and performance product,not to mention a much lower price point,to unseat dji. However,good for autel! If their product does anything better than dji,for a better price....ma6be they will grab a sliver of the pie. I’m just a bit doubtful.
Well, DJI may be in battle for Android users because they tend to shake off the Android community and that community is getting tired of it. 4.2.20 update has really shaken the Android users to the point they are about done with DJI and the constant blaming of Android hardware, dismissing newer products, and only recommending iOS as they seem to have a broader list of recommended products.

Several have pointed out the recommended products lists for Android devices. Does anyone see a newer product in that list? Newer Samsung Zen or other products? No S8, S9, even the Note8 which is huge in the market? Not listed as recommended. What about the device spec. Note 8 beats a Note 4 nearly 4x in power and available ram, and has a gorgeous screen that destroys the iPhone in brightness.

Really does make me wonder what is going on with DJI. They seem in bed with iOS and that is their game. Mavic area of their own forum is plastered with "Is a Galaxy Tab S3 or Note 8 or Tab A8 good for DJI app. Silence, a few buy a mini 4, and when DJI rep responds they use the list of recommended products which none of the newer devices are listed. They assume perhaps that customers are either stupid or naive. Most see the Note 4 listed as recommended and immediately ask why not the Note 8? It is much better and faster? Response? The old list of recommended products.

If Autel fully supports android and iOS, then yes DJI will possibly lose a good portion of customers, because DJI does not do a fair job in supporting it's Android user base.

Reactions: Dave A
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ken28e