DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Autel Evo

Do the Autel Evo series drones have Geo Fencing?
No, and yes..they have it, they haven't turned it on yet. Yet, being the opportune word. They had it way back, thought they would gain sales on DJI by turning it off, found out that didn't work... It remains off to this day but their software and firmware has it in place and they "Could" force a firmware and turn it on...had they "want" or "need" to.

With regulations tightening and pilots flying in controlled airspace or in TFRs, often unaware of the dangers, they should turn it on.

No, and yes..they have it, they haven't turned it on yet. Yet, being the opportune word. They had it way back, thought they would gain sales on DJI by turning it off, found out that didn't work... It remains off to this day but their software and firmware has it in place and they "Could" force a firmware and turn it on...had they "want" or "need" to.
Not sure where you came up with "it didn't work". I would estimate starting back with the XSP that 90% or more of their sales were based on that. Honestly they still are. Their support is also second to none. I've been an owner of the XSP since the beginning and have been a member of the Autel forum for many years and still see lots people joining that have made the switch over to Autel from DJI. The XSP was my first drone and the reasons I went for them is the no geofencing (they put the trust in you to fly responsibly) and their support. I had a swelled battery over a year old and out of warranty but because it only had about 20 charges they replaced it for free. I'm one of the rare few that have done the opposite (gone from Autel to DJI) only because they stopped selling batteries for the XSP.

Do the Autel Evo series drones have Geo Fencing?
No they don't. Go here and ask whatever questions you have. Autel Drone Forum
Good bunch there. Not nearly as many as here in the DJI forums so it might take longer to get answers but you will get them.

Reactions: DoomMeister
With regulations tightening and pilots flying in controlled airspace or in TFRs, often unaware of the dangers, they should turn it on.
Noooooooo. LAANC is just a formality and pain in the butt when it doesn't work. I hate the software glitches I often get when trying to get permissions. I can get them, but sometimes there are errors in the software. People don't change their behavior just because they have to use LAANC or not, simply to get permission to fly. They will do what they will do. Most people fly safe. I'm one that bought the EVO2 because it doesn't have all the restrictions that DJI has. I stay out of restricted airspace , but I like to know, if I need to, I can cross it, in case i have an emergency, like a low battery. I have several DJI Mavic 2s. Their range and battery life are much shorter than the EVO2. OH, by the way, No Limit Drones (NLD) has modified the DJI main boards and is selling them. The modifications remove ALL the restrictions DJI has imposed on the Mavic 2 drones. Even when the firmware is upgraded the hardware prevents the drone from being restricted. No Geofencing, No Altitude Limits, No restrictions that can cause your drone not to take off or be grounded, etc, etc. NLD has won the war, but the modified board is expensive.

Last edited:
Responsible pilots don’t need a DJI mother to watch over them. They fly within the regulations and don’t need a nanny to dole out permission to fly.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ