DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Auto created video but no documentation

New England Droning

Reactions
I'm a newbie with the mini 2 and let me also say I've been a photographer for a lot of years.
Anyway I did a static 360 around motif #1 in Rockport Massachusetts (I love these) that evening I was looking for something to share on Instagram and I saw some strange cache folders and inside one was a "hyperlapse" version of my "dronie" set to music that ended with the DJI logo. Basically a quick commercial for DJI.
I will post this below but how do we find out what is created and where is it stored?
I've never seen much of anything in all the YouTube experts videos when it comes to what they do with the videos afterwards?
If you have a good YouTube instructor for the software, I would love to see it.
I dont seem to be able to share the mp4 vid here... here is my version of what was in my cache folder and I overlaid one of my cellphone images so the DJI did not show up... I haven't seen anything that details what is produced when we record our videos.
Link to my video on my Facebook pg.

Your Facebook link doesn't work. Do you have the FB post set as private?
No, it is set to public... I never do private because I always want to show my vids... I'm betting the forum has something to do with it... I mean when I look at the original post I see a video window and I can click it and the video runs... I know we can share youtube videos and I could move it over to my Youtube channel and share from there but I'm curious if no one else can see it?
I see this...
motif#1.jpg

Last edited:
Even copying and pasting the link, FB says page isn't available.

It probably works for you because it's your own FB account.

Maybe a mod can let me know if there is a best place in the forum to talk about how to use and apply the quickshots software that comes with the DJI equipment?
I can find all sorts of things about flying the drones or their limitations but what are the correct steps for applying the quick shots.
I figured out that when the app shows us the sphere it's only available in the app. I can make it in photoshop but should we have to?IMG_20201213_190745_975.jpg
Has anyone figured out if there is an easy way to export one of these that looks like this and not the flat version which is all could get...?

Maybe a mod can let me know if there is a best place in the forum to talk about how to use and apply the quickshots software that comes with the DJI equipment?
I can find all sorts of things about flying the drones or their limitations but what are the correct steps for applying the quick shots.
I figured out that when the app shows us the sphere it's only available in the app. I can make it in photoshop but should we have to?View attachment 119803
Has anyone figured out if there is an easy way to export one of these that looks like this and not the flat version which is all could get...?
Screenshot might work.

Reactions: New England Droning
No, it is set to public... I never do private because I always want to show my vids... I'm betting the forum has something to do with it... I mean when I look at the original post I see a video window and I can click it and the video runs... I know we can share youtube videos and I could move it over to my Youtube channel and share from there but I'm curious if no one else can see it?
I see this...
View attachment 119611
Remember that your video is not on the forum server... just the preview pic and controls. The video is on a hosting site like YouTube or others.

Reactions: New England Droning
I assume that they would see it and be able to click the link and it would take them to the page serving it. That is the way it usually works. As long as my Facebook link is public and open to everyone it should at worst take them to my FB page to view it. If it works better to do it on Youtube, I can do that as well...

I assume that they would see it and be able to click the link and it would take them to the page serving it. That is the way it usually works. As long as my Facebook link is public and open to everyone it should at worst take them to my FB page to view it. If it works better to do it on Youtube, I can do that as well...
On YouTube you must designate it as public. Helps segregation of vids.
Not sure about FB... I had a pseudonym and false address, they wanted my SSN and other things to reinstate me. Of course, since they have the most frequently hacked blogging site I declined and now can’t go there. NP.

I get the following:

Content Not Found

The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may be broken or expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.

Sounds like the forum software has trouble with Facebook so lesson learned to put it up on Youtube...

Ok, I modified it to remove the DJI logo at the end but I don't see a way to change the music in the quickshots software on my phone in the DJI app. I can add more music that they provide but it will not replace the same drab music that they play on every circle quickshot.
Next
I can also slow it down (I know Millenials and GenXers like it fast-paced) But I've hit 60 and my customers who have money to spend on my photography don't want to get dizzy... :) But when I slow the speed down it makes it choppy (in the DJI app) I know Youtube will play it back at slower speeds but it also slows down the music... So to me it requires 3 party software to put the video full circle video into and set the replay speed and then add the music...

I only mention all this because there are zero videos on YT that talk about these functions. I talked to a local photographer who has been flying his drone for 3 years but he admitted that he has never played with the built-in software...
Maybe it's just me trying to figure this out? If so I'll keep trying it out to see what works...

Last edited:
Reactions: Thomas B
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan