DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Auto discharge don't work....

sv650s

Reactions
hi all,
I have programmed auto discharge after 4 days
But i see today, after 6 days the mavic lipo is always full, not discharged as i have asked it in dji go on my ipad
I have control the parameters and no error, i have well programmed auto discharged after 4 days, but don't work...
Anybody have an idea ?
Do this work for you ?

Thanks for your help

hi all,
I have programmed auto discharge after 4 days
But i see today, after 6 days the mavic lipo is always full, not discharged as i have asked it in dji go on my ipad
I have control the parameters and no error, i have well programmed auto discharged after 4 days, but don't work...
Anybody have an idea ?
Do this work for you ?

Thanks for your help
If you hit the button to see how much charge is left, it resets the discharge countdown to zero days and starts over.

Reactions: Robbyg
Ok, maybe i have touch the button during this time
I will try with 1 day and be carefull to don't touch this button
Thanks for your help
Last question, how many times auto discharged take ?

Ok, thanks for your answer
And how many times take auto discharge ?

What do you mean by "how many times take auto discharge"?

Do you mean how many times have I allowed it to autodischarge? Only twice; once for each of my batteries with the interval set to two days. I generally fly my batteries down to 50% or lower before I put them away.

I want to know how many times it take to make auto discharge after the delay is passed
Example :
1 - set auto discharged on 4 days
2 - at the day 4 , the auto discharged begin
3 - how many times it takes to make the auto discharged cycle ? 1 hour, 5 hours... ?

I want to know the time between the begin and the end of auto discharged cycle for a full battery

2 days ??? !!!!
It's not good for a lipo to have slow discharge as that !

So it's not good to have a lipo in your phone/tablet that ALWAYS discharges in 1-2 days?`

It doesn't care a single bit about being discharged slowly. Much better than staying charged anyway.

Reactions: Flycaster
Stupid question: Does the battery need to be fitted to the drone in order to discharge?

(because I leave my batteries ''out of the drone'' and don't seem to discharge)

If you hit the button to see how much charge is left, it resets the discharge countdown to zero days and starts over.

Well you learn something new everyday. Thanks!
I usually just run mine down to 30% at the end of my flight and then store them away until the next weekend when I charge them on Friday night.

Rob

The auto dis-charge is to help extend the life of the battery. A charged lipo does not like to stay that way for a long period of time. It will degrade the battery/cells, and can lead to cell failure and battery swelling/puffing.
Trust me, I know the hard way.
I lost a $300.00 10,000MAh/6S battery for my Tarot Hex that way. I had forgotten about it being fully charged, maybe twice in the time I had it. The second time was the kiss of death for it. Came back to it a week/10 days, and just looking at it, sent chills into me. I carefully discharged it with a couple of 24 volt dc bulbs, until it was dead, dead, dead.

After that "life experience", I treat my lipos like a newborn.......

Because if you left them fully charged and not used, say for bad weather, it can damage Lipoly batteries left in a charged state for more than a few days.

Best to leave them with say 30% charge left in them, and charge fully either on the day or night before.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Allen25