DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Auto-landing at 12% VERY close to home ... normal?

:rolleyes: No, it was confirmed. I was referring to the “battery has more charge after reaching 0%” claims from some of the other, helpful, people. One person claimed minutes after 0%, which -- as I stated -- is quite a bit. I'll probably try it myself one day this week if I get time.
One person might have said that but it's not confirmed.
DJI drones have fallen from the sky with % indications >0% too.
But if you want to risk your drone unnecessarily, by all means, go ahead.
You'd do a lot better to rely on the cell voltage than the % indication (if that isn't another feature DJI has removed from the Fly app).

btw ... still no flight data to address your concerns from post #1?

Thanks, yeah it honestly did feel a little hostile for no reason, but I figured, "Hey, I'm new to the forum, and sometimes people just misinterpret your meaning and/or add "tone" that isn't there." And yeah, I'm getting pretty old ... hopefully mellowing with age, lol. Maybe it's my avatar ... he does look like some punk kid, no? :p
hey! Hang on just a minute! “Getting pretty old....” @ 48?? I don’t think so sunshine! :p ;) ?

Reactions: OneQuickSix
hey! Hang on just a minute! “Getting pretty old....” @ 48?? I don’t think so sunshine! :p ;) ?
Well, I'm feeling it physically anyway. Used to be able to shrug it off not too long ago, but not as much anymore. So what's the magical elixir keeping you so peppy, InvisibleName? And send some my way! ?

Well, I'm feeling it physically anyway. Used to be able to shrug it off not too long ago, but not as much anymore. So what's the magical elixir keeping you so peppy, InvisibleName? And send some my way! ?
Well one, amongst many others, is flying my Mavic Air 2! ;)

I did a test just for kicks and can confirm I got a few more minutes after it hit 0%
At 0% according to the screen read out, it still flies for a couple of minutes.
Thanks guys for this info and confirming what I read and thought. Wow, a "couple of minutes" ... that is quite a bit actually, and is somewhat reassuring in a case where the drone autolands, crashes etc. far away.
There is definitely "reserve battery". I let the Mini go down to 0% and it stayed on (not spun up, but recording ... which draws a bit more power) for 10 minutes. If the rotors were going, I'm sure it would be considerably less time.

For those who think there's some sort of reserve power left at 0%, here's some real world testing.

For those who think there's some sort of reserve power left at 0%, here's some real world testing.
I can confirm you can fly while at 0% with a MA2, I've done it twice now. Once while hovering to see how long it would stay up which btw was nearly 2 minutes at 0. Second time was on accident with a range test where it flew 800+ ft on 0%. Obviously don't try this at home cuz it's pretty stupid to do. .

Reactions: OneQuickSix
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robqwe