DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Auto Update

JamesJB

Reactions
Curious if I set the Auto Update to On in the Fly App,my question is will it try and update the drone in flight?

Just wondering about it don't want it rebooting in the Air lol,that would suck :(

@JamesJB ,where are you seeing this auto update in the fly app

@JamesJB ,where are you seeing this auto update in the fly app
Under settings in the DJI Fly app.
Once ya start up DJI Fly App click profile then scroll all the way down then click settings
Should then see Firmware Auto Download

ok got it now i would leave that off personally
its interesting that the firmware auto download ,does not appear in the same settings page, if i go on my DJI RC screen, it seems it is only for IOS devices

Reactions: Bandit1
ok got it now i would leave that off personally
its interesting that the firmware auto download ,does not appear in the same settings page, if i go on my DJI RC screen, it seems it is only for IOS devices
Oh ok,sorry I don't have the RC Pro wish I did but don't have a extra $1000 sitting around lol,I use the Galaxy S21 Ultra for my screen.
Using my phone is kinda annoying though cause if I get a call I lose the screen for the drone :( I then freak out/worried lol.

Auto update enabled on any device can have good AND bad outcomes.
Not the best decision in my opinion to have that feature enabled. There are several examples of updates that have undesirable consequences via the search engine on this forum. Updates are not mandatory as of this date.

Curious if I set the Auto Update to On in the Fly App,my question is will it try and update the drone in flight?

Just wondering about it don't want it rebooting in the Air lol,that would suck :(
The Fly app will prompt you for its own app update, while the FWs will download themselves if you set it to auto but will not start installing without your intervention. FW will not install while your drone is in flight.

Using my phone is kinda annoying though cause if I get a call I lose the screen for the drone :( I then freak out/worried lol.
Get a used phone or tablet as a flying monitor. No phone call interrupts and very cheap.👍😊

Reactions: TrabSeyn
Get a used phone or tablet as a flying monitor. No phone call interrupts and very cheap.👍😊
I do have a tablet the Galaxy Tab S7 Plus but its pretty big I tried it but it was too hard to carry,I don't have a holder for it.

The Fly app will prompt you for its own app update, while the FWs will download themselves if you set it to auto but will not start installing without your intervention. FW will not install while your drone is in flight.
Oh ok awesome :)

Reactions: blackbirdsr72
Oh ok,sorry I don't have the RC Pro wish I did but don't have a extra $1000 sitting around lol,I use the Galaxy S21 Ultra for my screen.
Put it in do not disturb mode....then you'll have no interruptions

Reactions: TrabSeyn
Put it in do not disturb mode....then you'll have no interruptions
i actually think a lot of people had no idea what do not disturb was for and did or just forgot to try that lol.
for the iphone, if you have favorites or a double call from a contact it will actually still let the notification of call or the screen of a phone call, but that can be shut off in the Do Not Disturb Settings in iOS settings.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philip Chura