DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Automatic Multiple Shots Photograph

Lucasheise

Reactions
Hi all, I'm quite new to the drone world and I'd like to know if there's a way to take a picture every x seconds on my mavic mini (eg: while in the air, press a button, and the mavic keeps taking pictures every 3 seconds until I press to stop).

Does anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks in advance

Ahh all right, that would be a really good feature
Yep - you have to wait until DJI releases the SDK for the Mavic Mini.
3rd party developers may then implement the feature you are wishing to use in their apps.
(Surveying/mapping apps make use of that feature)

Reactions: Lucasheise
Hi all, I'm quite new to the drone world and I'd like to know if there's a way to take a picture every x seconds on my mavic mini (eg: while in the air, press a button, and the mavic keeps taking pictures every 3 seconds until I press to stop).

Thanks in advance
No
It's currently not possible.
However, a 'workaround'/hack for now would be to record at the aircrafts highest resolution at say 25fps with a fairly high shutter speed to freeze the action and limit motion blur and then extract every 75th frame from a timeline.
Not perfect, not ideal but would probably get the job done.

No
It's currently not possible.
However, a 'workaround'/hack for now would be to record at the aircrafts highest resolution at say 25fps with a fairly high shutter speed to freeze the action and limit motion blur and then extract every 75th frame from a timeline.
Not perfect, not ideal but would probably get the job done.
Yeah, I guess that could work, only part I didn't understand is why every 75th frame? Thanks for the reply

Yep - you have to wait until DJI releases the SDK for the Mavic Mini.
3rd party developers may then implement the feature you are wishing to use in their apps.
(Surveying/mapping apps make use of that feature)
The hardware compromises that DJI made to keep the Mini's weight and cost down are reasonable and, IMO, acceptable. The software limitations are harder to understand and much less forgivable. I've heard the theory that they don't want the Mini competing with their own more expensive drones, but if you look at the Mini's real competition -- e.g. the Anafi, the Zeno 2, the Fimi X8 SE -- and compare the features they provide, the Mini comes up way short. Until the SDK allows third-party apps to provide the missing features, I do believe the Mini is the least capable GPS drone on the market, and DJI deserves criticism for that.

Thanks in advance
Wait am I misunderstanding something here? I've been using that feature a few times on my mavic mini so yes you can.
Go to photo mode and choose timed shot, then the time between shots.

Thanks in advance

Yes there is an option in photo settings for time shot. i use it by mistake, thinking that it was for a delay timer, but it takes photos at a regular interval that you can setup.

Yes there is an option in photo settings for time shot. i use it by mistake, thinking that it was for a delay timer, but it takes photos at a regular interval that you can setup.
Now I'm kinda confused, some people say it has this feature, other says it doesn't... I haven't been able to test it yet so I don't really know

Now I'm kinda confused, some people say it has this feature, other says it doesn't... I haven't been able to test it yet so I don't really know
Well try it then and you will see that it's there. You have the drone in front of you right?

Reactions: Lucasheise
That’s the problem sometime with forums. It is not intentional Mind you, but if someone posting hasn’t used a function they can assume it isn’t available. Leads to some confusion. I’ve done it myself. Easily sorted I suppose, but can be confusing to someone looking for answers.

That’s the problem sometime with forums. It is not intentional Mind you, but if someone posting hasn’t used a function they can assume it isn’t available. Leads to some confusion. I’ve done it myself. Easily sorted I suppose, but can be confusing to someone looking for answers.
The problem is that I wanted to know that before I'd buy, because that's a "deal breaker" for me (thats why I couldn't test it). But now I have the answer, thanks to everyone :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet