DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Autopilot and Mavic Air - waypoint type question

SaskDJI

Reactions
Hi... I've got a Mavic Air and Autopilot, but haven't had a chance to play around with it much due to the freezing temps we've had lately. I've got an idea for a shot that I'd like to do, but I'm just not sure if it can be done with Autopilot - or what the best mode would be.

What I'd like to setup is to have the Mavic Air fly to about 8 points and pause for about 10 seconds at each point (while filming video). Each point would be progressively further & higher - but the gimbal has to stay focused on one location. Here's a screenshot from a website I found that shows more or less what I'm hoping to do:

diagram.jpg

I'd like to have it setup so that it's not dependent on a particular location - basically have it all pre-planned so that I can just fire up the MA wherever I am , get it in position and have it run through the waypoints. I also need it to stay 'in a straight line' - essentially only move forward and up - no left & right movement.

Does anyone have any suggestions or tips?

Can be done by Autopilot very simple:

- Create a 2 Waypoint freestyle mission first (Begin and end waypoints) to create a straight line with reference to a POI
- Create your POI
- Insert additional waypoints as you like
- Adjust height for each waypoint
- Create waypoint action (pause for 10 secs on each waypoint)

Fly mission

That mission can be moved to any other location. It's not bound to the place where the first mission was created.

I wish Autopilot was still supported and updated to support the M2 series.

I wish Autopilot was still supported and updated to support the M2 series.
According to Hangar, they resume development of Autopilot in Q1 2019.
Hangar concentrated their efforts in their Enterprise segment in the last months.

Can be done by Autopilot very simple:

- Create a 2 Waypoint freestyle mission first (Begin and end waypoints) to create a straight line with reference to a POI
- Create your POI
- Insert additional waypoints as you like
- Adjust height for each waypoint
- Create waypoint action (pause for 10 secs on each waypoint)

Fly mission

That mission can be moved to any other location. It's not bound to the place where the first mission was created.

Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks Keule! I’ll look into it. Cheers!

Has the website been hijacked?
In the APP Store (iOS) the customer is directed to go to the developer’s web site to view full system requirements before purchase
Attempts to reach autoflightlogic.com meet with dead End!

Attachments

• 3359D09B-F36B-44CA-8D35-F91C1CC95848.png
    3359D09B-F36B-44CA-8D35-F91C1CC95848.png
    912.5 KB · Views: 18
  • 800BF80D-2AE1-4DAC-A5BD-57B735A57E5A.png
    800BF80D-2AE1-4DAC-A5BD-57B735A57E5A.png
    161.5 KB · Views: 17
Yes, thank you. Their text DID say to go to a differing website. Their bad! Perhaps they should update in their app text.
Again, many thanks.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123